The ramblings of a madman (Buffs/Nerfs n stuff)

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I got bored and started thinking of more elaborate ways to buff/nerf things.

Tenta Missiles

Opponent targeted will all be Point Sensored. The special already basically gives the user a short look at where targets are and a longer look at the targets you fired at, might as well make it so all your team knows where the targets you're firing at are.
This gives Tenta Missiles a bit of a support role which is present with Voice Chat but absent without.
Also this by extension buff the viability of Cold Blooded now that there is another tool which can inflict Point Sensor, and one which can inflict it at long range.

Bubble Blower
Rework, instead of leaving behind lingering bubbles that last 18 seconds. The bubbles will automatically fill with your ink and explode about 3~4 seconds after swinging them. Essentially limiting the specials ability shield you when pushing objectives. They can still be fired at by the opponent to shrink their explosion radius.

Sting Ray
Shockwave DPS halved. A direct hit by the beam will still have the same power as it currently does, but the additional shockwave added after firing for a second will have reduced damage.

Autobomb
They are destructible. They will have about 200 HP, are subject to similar multiplier as the Brellas. They will explode upon being destroyed but will not do lethal damage, same damage as an Ink Mine.

Ink Mine
Will also weaken opponents within range, much like the Disruptor or Toxic Mist. Disruption lasts for 5 seconds.

Respawn Punisher
Penalty to the player wearing it made the same as the penalty for enemies splatted.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Tenta Missiles - This could work, but something about it would have to be nerfed in exchange otherwise it'd be a little much.

Bubble Blower - Kinda defeats the purpose of the special, doesn't it? They're mobile splash walls that can explode, on a timer like that they'd be less effective at catching people off-guard. No thanks.

Sting Ray - Nope, simply for user interface reasons. There would be no way to tell which section of the ray you would be hitting people with and it'd be equally hard to discern for folks under attack, making the special incredibly inconsistent.

Autobomb - They already waste people's time by following them, this isn't needed. With that tiny hitbox you're functionally describing a Smallfry from Salmon Run with more HP, and everyone already loathes those.

Ink Mine - What, when it detonates? I guess that could work.

Respawn Punisher - Yes, because then it wouldn't be a fool's gamble for most situations.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Tenta Missiles - This could work, but something about it would have to be nerfed in exchange otherwise it'd be a little much.

Bubble Blower - Kinda defeats the purpose of the special, doesn't it? They're mobile splash walls that can explode, on a timer like that they'd be less effective at catching people off-guard. No thanks.

Sting Ray - Nope, simply for user interface reasons. There would be no way to tell which section of the ray you would be hitting people with and it'd be equally hard to discern for folks under attack, making the special incredibly inconsistent.

Autobomb - They already waste people's time by following them, this isn't needed. With that tiny hitbox you're functionally describing a Smallfry from Salmon Run with more HP, and everyone already loathes those.

Ink Mine - What, when it detonates? I guess that could work.

Respawn Punisher - Yes, because then it wouldn't be a fool's gamble for most situations.
The change to Bubble Blower is essentially for that exactly reason. They're way too good at what they do. This special dominates at pushing objective because there is virtually no quick counter to it, it creates giant barriers that the opponents can do little about. There's a reason this special is meta in basically all the objective Ranked Modes. The power of this special is too much of a game changer, especially since Splatoon 2's approach to specials were for them to not be as powerful.

Sting Ray, the shockwave was literally not a part of the original special, it was added later to buff it. And honestly, I feel it buffed it just a tad much. The same damage will be applied in main beam, which is the original version's hitbox. The shockwave which was added later is what will have decreased damage. Either way the shockwave is still plenty powerful, killing is 1.6 seconds, while a direct hit can splat in 0.8 seconds

Autobomb admittedly was more of an experimental change. A change in dynamic, it allows the receiving end to counter them which reduces how annoying a full team of autobombs is, but at the same time the fact they are now targets can allow them to also function as decoys to distract an opponent.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Autobombs are more in need of a buff, to be honest. They're really ink-consuming for a bomb, and can be stopped by simply going near it and then backing off. Having the ability to shoot them a few times to have them only deal 35 damage would make them worthless, especially for it's massive ink cost.

The nerf you should rather be looking for would be one to make bubbles more susceptible to enemy damage. It doesn't need a complete rehaul, in my opinion.

Giving Tenta Missles echo functionality would make it allmost or even more powerful as Echolocator, which would make the special way too good. I'm more on board with it if it marks them for 1-2 seconds for other players.

Mine doesn't need a buff, the big problem with it that it keeps getting shoehorned onto main weapons that can't utilize it well(looking at you, Undercover!).

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah the bubbles nerf is weird. I certainly wouldn’t like a weapon where I build up my whole special gauge and just get a couple of bombs in return. especially worthless if you consider bomb rush/launcher

techton

Senior Squid
Autobombs are more in need of a buff, to be honest.
I think they're fine. It's a really good tool for gimping unsuspecting players.

But I mainly disagree because a weapon with an Autobomb launcher special will be coming soon, I think it's the Tri-Slosher Nouveu...?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The autobomb launcher seems to have been removed in the more recent data mines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom