• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Roles of The Octarian Forces Theory

Cephalobro

So, I have been thinking about which Octarians we have encountered throughout the games and how they organize, enlist, and create their army. This would also be a shoutout to one of my oldest theories I have ever made. I'll provide a link right here: My Theory on Octarian Biology as a Whole

It's a fact that we have never seen the entirety of the Octarian military, we can easily see this with the only ones being fought to be in either the multiplayer-based stages or on floating platforms.

At the top of the Octarian army is obviously DJ Octavio, their leader, and DJ. The possible role that he has is creating the Octolings fought in the single-player modes by cutting his tentacles and letting them grow humanoid bodies, the same thing resulted in the Octo Samurai. This can be attributed to the fact that every enemy Octoling has the same skin tone and eye color. Though, other female Octolings can also join the elite female unit as seen with Marina. However, some members of this group achieve higher fighting skills that they achieve a higher ranking, becoming an Elite/Kelp Octoling or to be precisely correct, a Deluxe Octoling.

The enemy Octolings also have reproductive roles: To create the grunts of the army, they do this by cutting off their hair-like tentacles. This includes the all of the tentacle Octarians encountered, explaining why they are so much more common than enemy Octolings. And of course, the Deluxe Octolings produce the Deluxe Octarian variety.

The common/playable Octolings never encountered in the single-player modes don't have any specific roles, but they are not the grunts of the army, in fact, they were excluded on purpose to prevent a total wipeout of the future of the Octarians. They are treated as the saviors, so it would be foolish to send them into danger. Plus, this unit is solely composed of those who enlisted.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

This is very interesting. Did the first Octarians reproduce normally and is it only the army that is cloned?
Basically, Octolings reproduce normally (requiring a male and a female) that would result in more Octolings while the rest of the Octarians come from separated tentacles from Octolings. There are Octolings that are a lesser Octarian first but that lesser Octarian would have to go through an alternate and extremely rare development phase that, so the chances of an Octarian becoming an Octoling is basically very slim. It happens, but it's infrequent enough for it to be considered weird even to the Octarians themselves.

Cephalobro

How can a tenticle cut from DJ Octavio form a female Octarian is he is male? Wouldn't the clones be all male?
There was a point like that in one of my theories that it technically shouldn't be scientifically possible, but it could be that the tentacle technically doesn't have a biological sex until it grows eyes, mouth, and feet, to which by then it will have one depending on what the host had in mind, but the chances vary significantly depending on the host's own biological sex and the specific organs that develop inside the tentacle, being higher to match rather than not match. This could be why the enemy Octolings aren't as plentiful as the playable ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom