• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Sad Sack Thread [Warning: You may become sad upon reading!]

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Feel free to come here and whine and complain about how your life sucks and also to console people.

I'm going to double post, because i don't want the intro of this topic to be a reminder, i want my "QQing" to be shoved under the rug like all the others that i'm guessing will be posted here.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Sometimes, i live my life being scared of pointless things, like, for instance, this "Octoling Issue" we're having. I know it's simple and i really wish i was as brave as the others to move on, but i can't do it. All i can do is avoid it for a while. (Message me on this issue if you want to calm me down about it, i don't want to have inadvertently made another poop slinging topic.)

It's not just this, either, i can't take doctors appointments or anything related to authorities either or a change in anything in my life. I'm also at a point where i might even do some sort of weird underground ritual to heal myself of it.

Thankfully though, i can go out of the house and suicide is even scarier for me.

Lastly, i always assume the worst of humanity and life in general. Like, i'm already sure this topic is going to somehow "end me".

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
I'm sorry you are feeling this way.
Take one day at a time and one fear at a time.
For example the octoling issue. You are more likely to win the lottery over running into the person. Plus worse case scenario all your saved data is gone. And even though it might suck, you will be okay -I promise.
If you start out at level one imagine how awesome you will be lol I know some who have taken multiple ids to higher ranks.

In regards to doctors or authorities, did an incident take place to get you to where you are? Try to find the root of the issue - and tackle that first with baby steps.

Anyhow good luck to you. Life isn't easy but just know everything is temporary.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Huh, never thought about the doctor thing like that. I have no idea. I don't think so...

I thought it was just power intimidation or something.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Hey, I'm in a really sad mood but at least I'll try to help in any way I can, although I may mess it up. Alright, here it goes.

Yes, you have every right to be scared. I bet it feels like anticipating an attack at your house. It's very scary and it will mess up your nerves. Your stomach likely feels like it's full of butterflies. This is a rather serious issue so you have every right to feel the way you do. So what DO you do? There is some things you cannot control and it's up to the discretion of Nintendo to put this joker in his place and if it really bothers you so much, you can try playing private matches, playing in Octo Valley, or just playing something else until the issue resolves.

I feel the same way as you, I even prevented my own brother, who's level 44, to not play until the issue resolves itself. Right now, all we can do is wait for Nintendo to fix it. We can't stop him, we can't prevent him from screwing with other players, we have no power in regards to what he does. Only Nintendo can do something to stop him and you have to prepare for the outcome of them not doing anything. But you don't have to worry yourself sick when there's other things you can do to occupy your time.

You have a 3DS, right? You can play that. You don't need to play Splatoon all the time, and you may need to play something else, not just to avoid this joker, but for your own peace and mind. It'll likely get fixed within a couple of weeks so why don't you do the other things you love in the meantime? When you come back, the game will feel more fresh and more exciting the longer you were away from it. And you won't have to worry about some moron with the intelligence of a roach possibly ruining your experience.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Yeah, problems that you can't fix usually get fixed by somebody else that can. It's not like the entire planet is set out to rot.

And i did just fine before Splatoon, i have tons of games "invested" in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom