The Shooter Class is Making Me Salty

Avadar23.8

Inkling
NNID
Avadar23.8
I don't know why, but shooter weapons destroy me in every match I get into. And I hate dealing with entire teams of that class, which are coming up more often than before. Help?

I main the Slosher Deco, but I also use the Aerospray PG, the normal Slosher, and Aerospray RG.

Last edited:

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
try using something like a squelcher, charger or a splatling. More range the better.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
How can you even make such a topic without saying your weapon? ^^'

But well, putting ALL the shooter class together and saying you're bad against it... It seems really weird. And you're not against the other classes...? Really weird. I'm reallly wondering your weapon now.

Avadar23.8

Inkling
NNID
Avadar23.8
How can you even make such a topic without saying your weapon? ^^'

But well, putting ALL the shooter class together and saying you're bad against it... It seems really weird. And you're not against the other classes...? Really weird. I'm reallly wondering your weapon now.
Yeah, I'm awful against the entire class.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's almost like they're the default, most balanced, and most prolific weapon type! :rolleyes:

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well, the weapons you use are more support oriented. It means you should not pick a fight with... Fighting weapons. Basically, aerospray doesn't have range to fight your regular tentatec or .52 user. Don't even think about challenging longer range weapons like a pro, a .96 or even worse, a jet.

If you want to fight it out, like, you see your opponent and he sees you too, then you'll suffer because of this. Aero is more about saying "This map is MINE, s*ckers", and killing only by surprise.

About the sloshers, you do have some range. Still, don't be too agressive against pro or weapons of this range. The problem are fire rate, accuracy and flexibility. Because it's kinda obvious: your weapon has slow firerate. If you need only two shots to kill, you can't shoot them as fast as a gal. Plus if you use your weapon at max range (which is good), the slosher still asks for some accuracy. It would be different if you were more or less hitting anyway, but with this condition, it means you will regularly need more than two shots to kill an opponent. And this is a lot of time, meaning you'll exchange at best. And you're still at disadvatage with dodging too, because shooters can shoot once in the floor and move, while it would take too much time with a slosher.

Well basically... You need to understand that your weapons are not meant to fight it out. If you do want to do that, you'll need either a lot of range so that you're allowed to be visible, or fast killing weapons, which... Well, allows you to powerplay. Lots of people like to do that, so you'll see lots of mid-range killing machines.

If you want your revenge against these, (custom) jet squelcher is awesome (but you need to play it right, at a distance). If you want to be stronger with your weapons, you probably need to change your playstyle (I didn't see you play but I'm guessing) to something more defensive/stealthy/support-like. Waiting your special for a power-play being a good option.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
I actually went to a Slosher because I found it did well against shooters vs blasters. Luna doesnt have the range and range doesnt have the speed. Slohsers can also go up and over walls which can be convenient.

If youre looking to switch to a shooter I like the the custom dual squelcher. Its rapid fire wate makes you pretty even vs other shooters at close ranges and its got the best range of about anything out there.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Dual has firerate, so it claims turf pretty well, and that's probably why you like it too. But .96 gal has more power, and pro too, with even a bit more range. Jet squelcher has more range of any of these three. For all these reasons, dual is pretty rare at higher level.

Blasters asks their users to be at the right distance when they fight. It's true for every weapon, but they suffer more than others from a bad distance. But they reward you with the explosive shots, allowing you to kill with less accuracy, or hidden enemies.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The 96 is also more inaccurate, and the pro and jet both fire more slowly. The dual is fairly well balanced and I still see plenty of them in my S rank matches.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well, in S+ it's more rare than pro, .96 and jet I believe. I can't think of a good competitive team with a dual player, too, but I don't know a lot of teams so there might be one. But anyway, dual is totally playable.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah. I think it's "rarity" is more due to player perception and the meta (aka everyone tends to think in the same direction at the same time) than any fault with the weapon itself.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Honestly I don't know. My guess is that it's too "in between". It's support oriented: obviouly if you want to kill, the pro and the gal are better, while if you ant to turf and use your ink like crazy the dual is much better. But as a support weapon, jet has more range, dynamo has more power, splatlings are good too... In my opinion it's hard to find a spot where you can say "this is the single best weapon to do *this*".

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The same can be said of the many Splattershot variants, the eternal Mario gun, and yet those are inescapable in ranked :P There's always a place for balanced choices even if players tend to gravitate to the extremes.

I don't know why, but shooter weapons destroy me in every match I get into. And I hate dealing with entire teams of that class, which are coming up more often than before. Help?

I main the Slosher Deco, but I also use the Aerospray PG, the normal Slosher, and Aerospray RG.

I get really frustrated when someone is shooting me from a distance and I just can't seem to breech past them or get away. My main goal is never revenge or to get kills in the first place.

(I've been using the Slosher and the Tentatek Splatter shot. These techniques work with both.)
When I'm getting killed over and over again by shooters I usually focus on getting away or losing their attention. To get away I usually shoot in a fraight line as far as it'll go and just try to rely on my finger speed to flee, just shoot swim, shoot swim kinda thing.

But to loose their attention sometimes I'll shoot in all directions them swim (slowly because that will keep you less visible) in a random direction before I just stay still and wait for them to move on. Once they have a different target or go to cover more ground you have an opportunity to strike yourself or make a getaway.

There is always the chance they will try to cover all of your ink on that second one, in which case your plan is ruined, but most of the time I find they are more concerned with getting kills than they are will covering every scrap of ink- and cleaning up your mess too much is time consuming work. They can use their time looking for better targets or finding better ground to cover.

Another thing I do is to make sure you have a good understanding of the maps. Shooters like high positions because they can easily spot targets and not worry about too many attacked while they are covering ground with ink or looking for targets.
typically if I just study the map a moment I can find a back way to their position or find another high ground place where we are more evenly matched.

So basically I use stealth and speed against shooters who like to stay in one place above me. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom