• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Slosher, OP or not?

Is it OP or not?

• OP! plz nerf!

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Nah. Its not that good.

Votes: 62 86.1%

• Total voters

Octarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mickers247
Now that the update is here and the slosher is out, what are your opinions on this new addition? Is it OP? Is it not? I want to know what you guys think.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I played with it (and against it) a bit this morning and it certainly didn't feel OP. Like all the weapons, it does some things well and other things poorly. It's early days of course, so unwise to make a definitive judgement, but my impression was that it's well balanced.

Lag Chan

Inkster Jr.
It's waaaaaay too early to call a weapon OP, it's barely been a day since it came out. Is it annoying? Yes. Is it hard to fight? Yes. Is it OP? Time will tell. It's best to just deal with the weapon best you can and avoid making kneejerk reaction threads.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
No, the Bucket is not overpowered. While its strengths are indeed strong, I feel it is held back from overpoweredness by its lack of range.
To its credit, the Bucket is far from a bad weapon. It has great power, being a 2-hit splat (not sure how many Defense Ups are required to lower that), and it's fairly quick. Its Burst Bombs are a good option for long-range attacks, and Inkstrikes are good for forcing enemies to move. Additionally, the Bucket retains its power and accuracy while aimed upward, allowing it to reliably splat enemies at higher elevations and over walls.
However, this thing has a couple of significant flaws. The first flaw is its range. While respectable, its range is beaten by many weapons, letting enemies with superior range mow Bucketeers down from a distance (though if you close that distance, the Bucket should either win or trade most of the time). Burst Bombs can help alleviate this weakness, but only so much. The second, less significant, more subjective flaw that I feel the Bucket has is that it deals poorly with Rollers and possibly Brushes. Any non-Dynamo Roller wins in close combat by swinging at you while you're splashing them with the Bucket (I've heard the Bucket can one-shot people at close range, but that would only upgrade this to a trade, rather than outright losing), while Dynamo Rollers outrange the Bucket, letting them exploit the first flaw. Inkbrushes win at close range (like usual) and have the SONIC SPEED to run away from you (and the Nouveau has Bubbler to prevent you from splatting them when it's ready), while the Octobrush can win or trade at close range (at least I think so, it should at least trade), has not-quite-Sonic speed to run away if it must, and can RELEASE THE KRAKEN to invalidate your attempt to splat them when their special's charged. Finally, and also subjective, the last flaw I can come up with is that it doesn't deal well with Chargers. Yes, if you can get in splash range you'll probably win, but otherwise Chargers wreck Bucket players from a distance. Burst Bombs and Inkstrikes are a way of alleviating this weakness, but only get you so far.
Overall, the Bucket has great strengths, and is probably a viable choice of weapon, but it's not overpowered (or if it is, I'm not seeing it).
But I could be wrong. I don't use the Bucket much, I prefer the Splatling, but I think I used the Bucket enough to conjecture about its usefulness.

Octarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mickers247
No, the Bucket is not overpowered. While its strengths are indeed strong, I feel it is held back from overpoweredness by its lack of range.
To its credit, the Bucket is far from a bad weapon. It has great power, being a 2-hit splat (not sure how many Defense Ups are required to lower that), and it's fairly quick. Its Burst Bombs are a good option for long-range attacks, and Inkstrikes are good for forcing enemies to move. Additionally, the Bucket retains its power and accuracy while aimed upward, allowing it to reliably splat enemies at higher elevations and over walls.
However, this thing has a couple of significant flaws. The first flaw is its range. While respectable, its range is beaten by many weapons, letting enemies with superior range mow Bucketeers down from a distance (though if you close that distance, the Bucket should either win or trade most of the time). Burst Bombs can help alleviate this weakness, but only so much. The second, less significant, more subjective flaw that I feel the Bucket has is that it deals poorly with Rollers and possibly Brushes. Any non-Dynamo Roller wins in close combat by swinging at you while you're splashing them with the Bucket (I've heard the Bucket can one-shot people at close range, but that would only upgrade this to a trade, rather than outright losing), while Dynamo Rollers outrange the Bucket, letting them exploit the first flaw. Inkbrushes win at close range (like usual) and have the SONIC SPEED to run away from you (and the Nouveau has Bubbler to prevent you from splatting them when it's ready), while the Octobrush can win or trade at close range (at least I think so, it should at least trade), has not-quite-Sonic speed to run away if it must, and can RELEASE THE KRAKEN to invalidate your attempt to splat them when their special's charged. Finally, and also subjective, the last flaw I can come up with is that it doesn't deal well with Chargers. Yes, if you can get in splash range you'll probably win, but otherwise Chargers wreck Bucket players from a distance. Burst Bombs and Inkstrikes are a way of alleviating this weakness, but only get you so far.
Overall, the Bucket has great strengths, and is probably a viable choice of weapon, but it's not overpowered (or if it is, I'm not seeing it).
But I could be wrong. I don't use the Bucket much, I prefer the Splatling, but I think I used the Bucket enough to conjecture about its usefulness.
Thanks for the insight! I'm really enjoying using the bucket and it is really complimenting my play style so I'll keep this in mind!

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
If you watched Etika's stream you'll see that on Moray Towers it's insanely good, the constant and high elevations make it seems like a frenetic Dynamo Roller on acid.

On more plain stages it's just normal.

karama

Inkling
NNID
Karama1
I love the slosher so far, its fast,spammable and a decent wide range. I was able to go 18/4 on a rank match with it. Its so good because its very minimal weakness.

I shalla call this weap the bucket chugger

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To its credit, the Bucket is far from a bad weapon. It has great power, being a 2-hit splat (not sure how many Defense Ups are required to lower that), and it's fairly quick.
Each flick deals 70 damage (unless you hit with the trail of ink behind the giant blob in the front, which is very hard to do, even when trying), so 3 main Defense Ups can't increase the hits to splat

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
It's waaaaaay too early to call a weapon OP, it's barely been a day since it came out. Is it annoying? Yes. Is it hard to fight? Yes. Is it OP? Time will tell. It's best to just deal with the weapon best you can and avoid making kneejerk reaction threads.
100% on it losing to Rollers, however I disagree with it losing to Chargers. In fact, this weapon has been by far my favorite for dealing with camped Chargers because of its ability to reach their perch almost anywhere. As long as you stay in your ink and close the gap without getting seen/predicted (Ninja Squid ftw), you'll kill them before they're able to turn.

jkid391

Senior Squid
You guys will probably call me a wuss, but I think it is OP.
Let me explain:
While the Slosher lacks range, it is made up for in strength and fire rate (for a bucket). While this is not a problem, the problem is that the Slosher fires in an arch,so if you are below or above someone with a Slosher, they can easily splat you and you can't do anything about it unless your a certain distance away, and it's strength and fire rate supports that.

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
The tip of its Hitbox does 71 dmg, but the base only down 41 so keeping at a decent range is crucial to winning engagements. I wouldn't say its OP after playing anything one day, btw

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
I have no issue with the Slosher. I did try it out for a bit but honestly the older weapons are more my style.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
The bucket isn't op at all. The stats would seem op at first, but it's strong hitbox is hard to constantly use in 1v1s. It's more of a good weapon than an "OP" weapon. Although with some damage ups, this weapon could be way scarier.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I've been having a lot of success with it. The level of opponents matter of course, I find it great for inking, over walls and killing but often run out of ink. I'm stacked damage up from using the custom blaster, which I kill more with. Not sure which to main.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Hmm, a little bit, yes.

You can't even get close or they'll dump the Pacific Ocean on you, any average range weapon will have trouble splatting it. It reaches hard-to-reach areas and is a pain when trying to escape from.

LimitCrown

Full Squid
NNID
LimitCrown
In my opinion, it seems that the downsides of the Slosher weapon are a bit insignificant. It can deal a consistent amount of damage at any range that its attack can hit, its rate of fire is decent, it doesn't consume a lot of ink, and it can cover the ground very well.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i think like most weapons, it has a tricky difficult curve but can be extremely OP in the right hands.

i enjoy the weapon, but it has many weak spots. the arch is hard to get the hang of, it takes a lot of frantic sloshing to kill an enemy, for me at least. something about the way weapon hits also throws me off. i can't put it into words, but it feels very much like it's doing it's own thing. there's little weight to your attacks as well, which is disorientating.

it's not OP, unless you encounter players who were made for this weapon. then it totally is. but this applies to every weapon.

Beerox

Inkster Jr.
Mid range (it equals or exceeds many of the mid-range guns), high damage, and wide inking. Inkstrikes are incoming all day. Eek.

I do think it nullifies some of the mid-range guns, which is a shame. I had to arm myself with a Jet Squelcher, when I did that I started winning more. My splattershot pro has been nullified for the time being. Got worked by buckets. You would think a gun could outrange a guy pouring ink out of a bucket. Anyways.

Not 100% sure how to deal with them yet, but the Squelcher is a good bet and worked out ok today. Time will tell if they're OP... Today I'd say yes but I'm probably just overly annoyed and will get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom