• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Splattershot Junior's Loadout

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/591539486615478272

according to this tweet (and the twitter's replies to it) the jr.'s sub weapon is the ink bomb, and the special weapon is the bubbler

it's playstyle will probably be tossing the bombs on the front lines where you don't have anywhere to retreat, and using its mobility to get on the flank. the bubbler would be for a strategic retreat when you're surrounded, since the spread it too wide to accurately take down enemies

sorry if this is supposed to be in a specific thread, but i couldn't find anywhere more appropriate to post it in!

Setu

I'm 99% sure that each weapon doesn't have it's own set loadout. The stats of the splattershot jr remain the same, but the sub and special vary

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I'm 99% sure that each weapon doesn't have it's own set loadout. The stats of the splattershot jr remain the same, but the sub and special vary
according to the view translation button on the tweet, it says this

To report that turned out at the venue.
To use Niko Super Conference 2015 Bukit is introduced earlier "Wakaba shooter".
Sub weapon's "splash bomb", special "barrier". It's a Bissett manageable even for the first time.

which is expectedly very broken english. however it's unclear if it's saying its sub weapon and special weapon are set just for the venue or for the weapon itself in the base game

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
To report that turned out at the venue.
To use Niko Super Conference 2015 Bukit is introduced earlier "Wakaba shooter".
Sub weapon's "splash bomb", special "barrier". It's a Bissett manageable even for the first time.
I think they might just be trying to give out good weapon combinations so far or your first weapon set option - That's what I comprehended. I highly doubt any primary weapon will have a set loadout, because this game seems highly based upon customization.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I think they might just be trying to give out good weapon combinations so far or your first weapon set option - That's what I comprehended. I highly doubt any primary weapon will have a set loadout, because this game seems highly based upon customization.
i agree, although it's a possibility they're static. either way, this is good to know for anyone looking to go to the venue or anyone looking for an ideal loadout for the weapon!

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
i agree, although it's a possibility they're static. either way, this is good to know for anyone looking to go to the venue or anyone looking for an ideal loadout for the weapon!
I think we've learnt enough from the heaps of gameplay on youtube and various other sources that some combinations will work better than others. It would be pretty cool If Nintendo put a section on the official Splatoon website, or if someone created a thread upon release of the best weapon combinations.

Oh, and I'm not disagreeing with your idea either. While I couldn't really see how that could work, perhaps there could be special rounds with certain conditions. Like everyone use a roller. It would push players out of their comfort zone but give them a new weapon to experiment with.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I think we've learnt enough from the heaps of gameplay on youtube and various other sources that some combinations will work better than others. It would be pretty cool If Nintendo put a section on the official Splatoon website, or if someone created a thread upon release of the best weapon combinations.
well i'm the one who set up the google docs spreadsheet of all the games revealed weapons, so i could probably set up one for ideal competitive loadouts once the game's out! :D

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
I don't believe weapons have any assigned sub-weapons.
There's some evidence here at 7:20 in this analysis video that seems to support pre-assigned weapon loadouts:

I also could've sworn I saw an interview or walkthrough of the game where a Nintendo Treehouse person confirmed weapon sets, but I can't seem to find it now.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Weapons do come in full sets. For instance, the Splattershot Jr. will always have the Splat Bomb and Bubbler with it.

There may be alternate sets, but you never get to just pick and choose. They specifically wanted to avoid people trying to match up the best primary with the best secondary with the best special. They want trade-offs--for a better secondary, you maybe have to use a slightly weaker primary, etc.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
As a bunch of people have already pointed out, weapons come in pre-determined sets, though there will be multiple sets for each weapon.

This was even seen during the press event of Splatoon a few weeks back. We saw a user using the Tentatek Splattershot, which had a different loadout than the regular Splattershot.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
No, they do. I have no idea what sparked this balance decision honestly but I am awaiting to see how it plays out in the game.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
The Jr/Bomb/Bubbler seems like a really good combo though. You send yourself in the thick of it, getting paint everywhere, throw bombs at choke points and when it gets too heavy you can bubble and get out safely.

It's embarrassing that they say the Jr. Is for scrubs because I feel this will probably be my weapon of choice when starting out..

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
The Jr/Bomb/Bubbler seems like a really good combo though. You send yourself in the thick of it, getting paint everywhere, throw bombs at choke points and when it gets too heavy you can bubble and get out safely.

It's embarrassing that they say the Jr. Is for scrubs because I feel this will probably be my weapon of choice when starting out..
It's an entirely viable weapon at any level of play, it's just an easy one to work with for new players, so it's the default weapon everyone enters multiplayer with. For me, its limited range and accuracy leave a lot to be desired, so I doubt I'll be using it much once I have options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom