• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Strategy Guide: Why you might want it.

Do you want the strategy guide?

• Yes, I already have it infact!

• Yes, looking to find one somewhere.

• No, It's not for me.

• Depends on the other content I can find.

Results are only viewable after voting.

priMe

Inkling
NNID
SuperGen
Hello Fellow inklings. I'm here to talk about the amazing thing that is the splatoon strategy guide. Man, I love this thing. The splatoon strategy guide has soo much information that will be helpful to both competitive and beginners alike. They talk about the single player mode, amiibo, general strategy and my favorite part: The maps. They have every map in rotation as of now available if you redeem a code inside your physical game guide, you can get it online too! That isn't even the best part, they also update as new maps and other weapons are added. And at $15, it's a pretty good deal considering how mobile it is. Hope this assures anyone looking for the guide. Here's a picture of the 1st zone.

They also have some pretty cool art (26 pages!) full of everything from landscape to the school uniform outfits. Overall, I feel like I can give this book to a friend who has/wants the game and they'd enjoy it.

SockHead

Inkling
NNID
GyaradosBlood
I try not to spend money on guides when the internet is at my full disposal, but I can't deny the fact how much work is put into these guides and I wish I had their jobs haha

priMe

Inkling
NNID
SuperGen
I try not to spend money on guides when the internet is at my full disposal, but I can't deny the fact how much work is put into these guides and I wish I had their jobs haha
The funny thing is, I love strategy guide even for games that don't need strategy guides. There's just something about owning a physical copy that's like a book but for video games. I love the idea.

LuxLuxora

Full Squid
NNID
LuxLuxora
Though I cannot afford luxuries such as a guide book (the game itself was funded for me), I would still love to own one. Perhaps my nature to value books/guides related to things of interest to me manifested when I got my guide book for Pokemon RBY and GS many years ago (still have them!). There is a sentimental value attached to a tangible representation (books, stickers, posters) to a digital thing.

Plus, look at all the pweety colors and pictures!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very nice. I definitely want one still.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
I love books and strategy guides, but I feel like the community info will evolve way past that reasonably quickly.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I keep hearing about how it offers all sorts of neat tips and has glorious art work. Maybe when I come back from vacation I'll consider it. I really don't like spending money though unless I feel it is worth it. And art that could be posted soon might not make it worth it.

baronfel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baronfel
The other big thing the did had its equipment breakdowns saying what year gets what makes and mentioning that the random perks are signed depending on the brand.

hy_

Inkling
NNID
sirvariaa
Just ordered the guide from Amazon. I'm sure that it will come in handy. Already trying to get alot of strategies down for each map, so having the maps in the book will probably be super helpful too.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Does it give you tips to ranked mode for each map?

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
It gives you an idea of good paths to take, and where the fighting will be focused.

And yea, they do provide two maps, one Turf, one Zones.

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
I just got my guide on Saturday, after hunting for it at Target and getting the worst customer service- one of the employees (in the electronic section) told me to check the clearance shelf for it. Has he not noticed the big cardboard cutouts on the end caps that pretty much had "Look at Splatoon, brand new game only been out a week!"? Anyways, no, it was not in the clearance section and if none of the other employees were sitting around on their phone I would've had them look it up with the item number I pulled from their website. Anyways, did end up finding it at Walmart.

Anywho, I was looking at it today during my break at work, and I noticed on one page a lot of typos and mishaps. Wondering how much of the strategy guide is like this. On 121 they have the typo "YThe gear you select" and then if you actually look down to the next paragraph it's actually the same text that's been repeated. Also that paragraph ended in "you must earns those items on your own." And that's all on just one page. I haven't read much of it though yet, just guide of glanced through it and referred to the maps on single player for the Sunken Scrolls (after trying to find them on my own and couldn't after going through the whole level). Stuff like that kind of bugs me because I just don't know how it goes overlooked. Maybe I should become an editor.

I will say too, I do like the size of it. Not some big large guide you have to fumble through. It's more like a normal book size.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I ordered mine yesterday, and it should arrive in the mail in one or two days. I'm sure that I could look up all the info online, but I like having a physical book with an index and a few bookmarks for easy access.

Also, owning stuff is fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom