• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Maps The Tactics Primer v1.0 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DNEatm
DNE submitted a new guide:

The Shooter Genre Primer - The fundamentals you'll need to splat out the competition

The shooter genre has been around for years and within every series lies important concepts that make the genre what it is. Though there may be some objective, don't be fooled; the goal is to exert your will over your opponent by exerting pressure across a giant map. Keep them from going where they need to in order to win, and keep them from pushing you away from where you need to be. If you just run in without a care, shooting whatever comes your way, you're going to die. This is a...
Read more about this guide...

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very nice! This will definitely be useful for new players, thank you for making this. :)

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
watching for habits seems hyper important to a sniper. know where to set up, and to know your own habits so that you don't get sniped yourself.

Mecryte

Inkling
NNID
Mecryte
A suggestion to add; People rarely look up when looking for targets or places to claim. Getting the high ground, even a little bit, when the situation allows can make for an easy surprise attack.

DNE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DNEatm
A suggestion to add; People rarely look up when looking for targets or places to claim. Getting the high ground, even a little bit, when the situation allows can make for an easy surprise attack.
I had considered making this a tip, but it relies on the fact that some (if no many) people are inexperienced with checking high ground where people can be. Don't want to put things into the guide that aren't going to be consistently good as a tactic.

Mecryte

Inkling
NNID
Mecryte
I had considered making this a tip, but it relies on the fact that some (if no many) people are inexperienced with checking high ground where people can be. Don't want to put things into the guide that aren't going to be consistently good as a tactic.
Noted. More like a Protip then. Even pros can make the mistake of not looking up.

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
2.) Don't walk forward while you're shooting at people. I see so many people have this habit of moving forward while shooting at people. If people want to flee they will, so don't bother thinking that you can chase them all you're doing is opening up your lines of fire while tunnel visioning.
People can be dense in this game, even in the A lobbies. If you outrange someone and they're still wanting to waste your time, your best option is sometimes to walk forward. You'll kill them if they're really dumb or you'll at least show you're not going to put up with them. It happens a lot on Arowana Mall and Port Mackerel since people will get desperate to take some ground. They'll shoot in your direction from just outside your range so that if you're forced to stop for a moment they'll have some ink down to get them in range. You can't afford that since having a range advantage usually trades close-range dps.

Just be sure not to walk right into a bad position like in an intersection on port mackerel.

Last edited:

DNE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DNEatm
People can be dense in this game, even in the A lobbies. If you outrange someone and they're still wanting to waste your time, your best option is sometimes to walk forward to show you're not going to put up with them, or if they're really dumb, to ink just behind them for the kill. This happens a lot on Arowana Mall and Port Mackerel since people will get desperate to take some ground. They'll shoot in your direction from just outside your range so that if you're forced to stop for a moment they'll have some ink down to help them get in range. You can't afford that since having a range advantage usually trades close-range dps.

Just be sure not to walk right into a bad position like in an intersection on port mackerel.
I should have phrased it as "don't blindly walk in any random direction while firing, do it with purpose" that's what happens when I write a bunch all at once; things get phrased unclearly sometimes.

I'll look it over when I update the guide next.

DNE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DNEatm
This guide has been removed and is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom