• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "****" Thread

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Welcome to the Did You Know (DYK) thread, a place to share random trivia and facts.

Did you know that actress and comedienne Betty White is older than sliced bread? She was born in 1922, and sliced bread wasn't sold commercially until 1928.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
What is "****"
Did you know I DIDN'T win the power ball....

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I thought this would be the "share your misfortune" thread based on the title.

ProjectJ

Inkling
Haha. Well, for random trivia, let's see.

Did you know that in most European cultures and in the USA, black cats are considered bad luck, while in Japan and Britain they are considered good luck?

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Bicycles have no speed limits in the UK, but you can be charged for ‘cycling furiously’

-- QI elves

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
I'm British and even I admit some of our laws are f*cking stupid

Anyway, I listen to a lot of music but dislike Kanye West for the most part. However, I do know that he is a big anime fan, so I thought I'd post this trivia. Did you know that a large proportion of the music video for Kanye West's 'Stronger' (posted below) was inspired by--and shamelessly imitates--parts of the critically-acclaimed 1988 anime movie 'Akira' at Kanye's own request?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Did you know that Luigi's name is a Japanese play on words? Of course, in the 8-bit days, Luigi was identical to Mario aside from his color scheme. In Japanese, Luigi's name is pronounced like ruiji, the same as this kanji compound: 類似, which means similar, analogous.

PiyozR

Senior Squid
NNID
titanmkiii
Did you know that in the People's Republic of China you need a permit to legally reincarnate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom