The TMNT pictures in splatoon 2

sakono

Inkling
Are horrible. they changed all the weapons and made them look horrible. what cartoon are they basing these designs off of?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yep, the new TMNT designs they're using are the official ones from the latest cartoon version that'll be premiering this September. Take it up with Nickelodeon.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It's kinda cool that each one is based on a different species of turtle, that they actually researched. But on the other hand, the art is just weird. Swole Raph is especially disturbing. It also means they aren't brothers anymore. And I wonder if there's a reason four different species of turtle were being transported together when the accident occurred.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The art is definitely... different. Yet I'm hoping it'll look good once in motion--beyond the first half-dozen episodes, where most of the animation resources will be.

And I'm sure they'll still be brothers (just not biologically) as family is often a important theme in every turtles incarnation. As for why they're different spieces? *shrug* Probably whatever pet shop, lab, owner, zoo, or what-not in their backstory didn't care to separate them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom