The unwieldy E-Liter...is it viable?

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
So i've used all the chargers in this game and that's pretty much all i use but when i unlocked the E-liter i felt still and like i couldn't quite pull it off as well. I still did okay but to me i feel the other chargers might be better. Opinions or help? Extra range is useful

Cthulhu

Inkster Jr.
I think it will be one of the best weapons for Tower Control when it comes out. Right now, it's basically useless. Looks cool and it's fun to snipe people across the map, but you'd most likely do better off with a Kelp Splat Charger or something.

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
I think it will be one of the best weapons for Tower Control when it comes out. Right now, it's basically useless. Looks cool and it's fun to snipe people across the map, but you'd most likely do better off with a Kelp Splat Charger or something.
That's exactly what i think, maybe if it had a better set up, inkstrike or those spawn points would be nice

Cthulhu

Inkster Jr.
That's exactly what i think, maybe if it had a better set up, inkstrike or those spawn points would be nice
Yeah I agree. The only way I see it usable right now is if you are reaaaaaally accurate with burst bombs up close, or have a solid team and are playing a pure support role

Edit: been trying it in turf wars, and I'm consistently getting better results. It's not a good weapon, but I think it may be usable. Sneaking around and using burst bombs is essential in close range, I think it might be the best charger loadout for close range because of it. With 1 sub ink saver you can throw 4 burst bombs with one tank of ink, and they are 2-3 hit kill usually

Last edited:

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I remember seeing someone using it in ranked and doing pretty good with it ; I might plan to use it in ranked too sometime.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Heck ya it's viable! I use it all the time in Ranked Battles depending on the stages. It's fantastic in Arowana Mall, Saltspray Rig, maybe Blackbelly Skatepark, and possibly Walleye Warehouse. It's extremely good on those, but on other stages, it either does sub par, or falls flat on its face. Places like Port Mackerel, and Urchin Underpass are pretty terrible for it. I'm also expecting it to do sub par on Kelp Dome, a map that hasn't come out yet.

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
I primarily use the splat charger and I often find myself frustrated with other snipers being just out of my range. During those times I wish I had an eliter. I don't really see why it would be unviable. During the time I did use it it seemed like it could kill without even being fully charged like about about 3 fourths. Although I really do wish it came with a weapon other than burst bombs. It feels like they tacked them on just cause they realized not enough weapons had them. It would be better off with normal splat bombs or a beacon.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I primarily use the splat charger and I often find myself frustrated with other snipers being just out of my range. During those times I wish I had an eliter. I don't really see why it would be unviable. During the time I did use it it seemed like it could kill without even being fully charged like about about 3 fourths. Although I really do wish it came with a weapon other than burst bombs. It feels like they tacked them on just cause they realized not enough weapons had them. It would be better off with normal splat bombs or a beacon.
The burst bomb this kinda the only way to fight in low-mid range with this weapon.

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
It's viable in map rotations that help chargers, ones with vantage points where you can pick of targets and dodge incoming fire.

Arowana Mall
Walleye Warehouse
Port Mackerel

are a few examples

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Seems to be the best "counter-charger" charger. We all know that they have trouble if you can get the jump on them at close range,
but sometimes this just isn't feasible, and so the next best option may be fighting fire with fire... or rather, fighting a fire with a longer fire.

It outranges any weapon in the game so far which lets you take out any opponent without fear of retaliation. The slow charging and heavy ink
consumption limit its use in standard charger overwatch positions, though perhaps the range can open up new firing locations not
feasible for other chargers previously.

Oh, and this applies to other chargers too but more so for the e-liter due to the charge time: try not
to point directly at the opponent while charging as this can alert them.

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
Just unlocked it last night.

Finally the range I have been looking for in this game!

Definitely a good weapon, definitely viable.

Iwpwad

Inkling
NNID
RockmanFalcon
The range is unbeatable. It really does well on maps like Saltspray Rig (at least on Turf War.)

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I love the E-lite even with its uselessness at close range. Burst bombs with damage up is your best bet with this weapon. But the fantastic range makes up for its poor close combat. Feels great to kill somebody from afar, especially when they also use a charger since it out-ranges them.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Something I noticed on the testing range: you don't actually need a full charge for a one-shot splat. This was with no damage ups.
It works with almost full charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom