• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 The Viability of Mini and Dualie Squelchers

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I have a teammate (@CreeperFishStix) who constantly switches between these 2 weapons and I want to know what the general player base thinks of them.

And in typical Salamander fashion, if I don't agree with you be ready to provide some evidence for your claim!

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I think they're perfectly viable imo. Dapple Dualies have good fire rate, running speed and offensive prowess but it's held back it's short range and smaller dodge roll while Dualie Squelchers have good range, faster dodge roll and a kit perfect for it's zoning capabilities but it has lackluster damage and a slower fire rate.

Dodge rolls are a good gimmick for these weapons but once a person reads your movement, you're toast plus the fact that you cannot jump while moving which makes the Splattershot/Sploosh a better and more reliable alternative. The dualies pros are on par with their cons and they're more than capable enough for the competitive scene.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I’m not a splatling player, so I don’t have strong feelings about the Mini Splatling.

I do, however, have a great appreciation for the DS. Jet is fine, but I prefer the faster fire rate of the DS, and that range works wonders. I enjoy using it in both long-distance engagements, and well as fairly close quarters combat.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I don't have a huge opinion on the dualie squelchers. I don't use the dualies at all but I have experience with the regular Jet. I mean yeah I guess they'd be pretty good cause you can move after a dodge roll (although I don't really care for the dodge roll. Seems like the dualies have to do it to kill and even then it's not that reliable imo unless you have really good aim but if your opponent does too then while you're busy rolling they'll be shooting you while you can't do anything for a second). Anyways... They're completely viable in ranked. I just don't see anyone in the competitive scene using them.

On the other hand, the mini is a more common sight although it's died down since the update. It got popular and it still is kinda but not really. I've used this a fair amount and I think it's really a fine weapon. It's got a nice kit and you move like a bullet w run speed. I guess it's somewhat nerfed since burst bombs are harder to use but with the missile buff it's much easier to use the special without the risk of being killed. Now this goes the same for DS so I guess it's received a buff as well. Also w no one using cold blooded those point sensors are all the more helpful.

Both weapons are sort of in the same range of "level" in the current meta and they're both very viable

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
From what I've seen, they are both good but get beaten out by Splattershot Pro and Custom Jet Squelcher. As a Jet main myself, it is sometimes painfully easy to take out weapons like these. I think that they might be able to fill that agro-support role on the team where as a Jet would be more defense and a Pro more offense.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Dualie Squelchers have a unique niche, at least. Having a dodge roll with zero frames of immobility means it is the most mobile ranged weapon in the game, with less vulnerability than the dodge rolls of other dualies. The Custom DS, with ink armor, is likely to be meta.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
A recent patch made the Mini fairly powerful. It's current set leaves a bit to be desired, but disregarding that it's a powerful weapon that has a very swift ttk(charge speed aside) and also outranges a lot of the short-ranged threats this game has. That being said, it also has a few glaring flaws that keeps it from being top-tier but it's still an alright weapon on it's own.

Dualies Squelchers aren't favored by many, mostly getting overshadowed by the SS Pro(a weapon with flaws of it's own). It did win some people over after it got a big buff a while ago, but it's still very far away from meta status yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom