The Whiprays are Recruiting Blasters, Rollers, and Chargers! [CLOSED]

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
We're the Watch Me Whiprays, a group of fun-loving and laid-back but highly competitive players who've banded together to create a squad designed to help us improve our game and break into the tournament scene. As A and S rank players, we strive to improve our game through strategy, teamwork and practice, practice, practice!

Wanna know more about who we are? Check out our roster on this post or shoot me a message and I'll give you all the deets. ;)

We're recruiting to fill in THREE more slots for a full, eight person squad! Right now we need:

-Another Charger main
-A Blaster main
-A Roller main

If you play any of these, see if you meet our qualifications:

-Be mature. We prefer 18+ but we can flex on age. (Note that "mature" doesn't mean "not a complete goofball" because we're all goofy. We just mean capable of being adulty when it's time for adulty things like practice and tournaments.)

-Be at least in B- rank. We are going into tournaments after all.

-Be able to use voice chat. No flexing on this. We gotta talk to you. We use Discord for all our voice chat needs.

-Be a chill person. Like everyone, sometimes we get salty. But 98% of the time we're super relaxed and just enjoy playing the game an having fun.

-Be available for practice several times a week. We try to get a solid practice in 3 to 4 times a week, usually in the afternoons during the 5pm EST rotation. Know that these practices may go for quite a while. We do take breaks though. We get hungry.

-Be available for tournaments. LUtI is the first one we'll be playing in, and there will be more after that.

If you are interested in joining we will ask you for a tryout. Don't be intimidated by this! This is not a test of skill or anything. This is just us seeing if you mesh well with the group. If we get along well and have fun with you, that's what really matters. Skill can always be improved upon.

Are you all those things?? Rad! Apply by sending the following formy thing to either me (SwimShady) or Aristeia, our co-captain! We'll review it and try to get a tryout set up for you!

Name: What do you want us to call you?

NNID: So we can be friends!

Main Weapon: Duh.

Other Weapons You're Pretty Good At: So we know what options you bring to the table.

Tell us a little about yourself! Nothing fancy. Just a little squidbit about who you are!

We're stoked to play with you!​

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Argh, I'd join, but I'm not on enough, too young, and can't use voice chat...
I am however, decent, A rank, and a Rapid Blaster Pro main -_- Sorry.

Also bump

MinatoAri

Inkling
NNID
GiovanniIsReal
Edit: Didn't read the directions XD

Last edited:

XCuber2

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XCuber2
I'd like to apply. I'm pretty decent with a Splatroller. However, I'm in PST, and I can't play until 5:00 p.m. PST at the earliest on weekdays. Might there be any flexibility with that?

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
I'd like to apply. I'm pretty decent with a Splatroller. However, I'm in PST, and I can't play until 5:00 p.m. PST at the earliest on weekdays. Might there be any flexibility with that?
Hi, I'm Seth, and I'm member of the Watch Me Whiprays. I'm also PST, and from what I understand, 5:00 pm PST should be fine.

Most of our group is EST, so we tend to practice later in the day. While there might be a few twin squads before 5:00 pm (PST), most of our group practice sessions tend to happen after 5:00 pm.
Looks like we now have a set time schedule, and it may clash a bit, but...

If you're still interested, PM either SwimShady (Captain) or Aristeia (Co-captain), and we'll see where we'll go from there.

Last edited:

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
I'm in the Australian Eastern Timezone. I hover around S and A+ ranks, and I play the standard chargers (especially Kelp).

I can also play Sloshers and Brushes, a bit of dynamo roller and hydra splatling.

You can call me Otter or Kenny. I'm 19, and my NNID is ottergod.

I was actually planning to make my own squad, the Otterlings, as a fun-loving and laid back group. Except that's what this group already is! So count me in if I'm eligible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom