• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Wonderful World of Nintendo 5-Star ~ N5★

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Apparently Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival has online play, so I'm like, literally going to buy it. Who's with me?

Death

Inkling
NNID
LawofDe4th
Sweating hard in a full N5 room pre- August update.

(Photo cred N5Marq)

Wooooow. :( Inb4onlyoneround
It happened before but I lost the pic;recording device acted buggy at the time. It was just one round too of it so no chance to "recover"

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Wooooow. :( Inb4onlyoneround
It happened before but I lost the pic;recording device acted buggy at the time. It was just one round too of it so no chance to "recover"
I remember was there too! You were apart of the first N5 splatoon room Death :) *pats*

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
"Get the picture Norbit?"
I'm going to remove you from my contacts now. If you'd like to re-add me when you obtain an S+ rank, I encourage you to do so. We here in Nintendo 5-Star only accept high level players. Anybody who is incapable of maintaining an S+ rank doesn't deserve to live. #eSports

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I'm going to remove you from my contacts now. If you'd like to re-add me when you obtain an S+ rank, I encourage you to do so. We here in Nintendo 5-Star only accept high level players. Anybody who is incapable of maintaining an S+ rank doesn't deserve to live. #eSports
I don't know why people who aren't S+ even bother to play. This game isn't about "fun" it's about rank.

Death

Inkling
NNID
LawofDe4th
Splatoon isn't all that fun for myself either. It's really one of those games that people shouldn't find fun unless they're with friends or to kill time. I wouldn't go out of my way to play this game myself, not by a long shot though. The netcode is definitely what kills me most with this game. Hell I haven't even tried out some of the new weapons yet, and I'm about just level 28 atm. But yes, surely your post isn't about this. I'd imagine you'd had a bad experience in the game since a few minutes before posting this...

Forcing yourself to believe that everyone on the internet 'only' care about gaming is the problem right there. With your league of thought it's either someone is 100% something or not, this being a prime example. If someone demonstrates a tint of evidence to you that they're something you're hoping otherwise, it's the bottom of the barrel to them. It's all one sided, and with your expectations and standards, it's practically impossible to keep a healthy friendship going. Oh I'm sure you've been told countless times how cared for you are (and definitely still are) but you would typically dismiss that entirely and find other means and shreds of evidence to always suggest otherwise. You go very deep to make yourself believe that you're not at false pretense here. I don't understand why It would tick you off above and beyond when a friend suggests to meet a therapist of some sort. It's undoubtedly beyond the friends understand and hopes a therapist would help you in that regard. I'm sure a friend (including myself) would try other means in helping you if we could such as assurance in visiting said therapist with you, but being on the internet and all we're very limited. Oh you might say talking it out would do some good but by next week it'll just be back to square one like usual. Nothing would really change with your dilemma and it'll feel extremely repetitive just trying the same methods over and over. We just feel utterly useless in that regard.

Never take your friends for granted? At this point I personally feel taken for granted. In an instant you'd delete me off skype and always expect me to re-add you in an instant as if I was just being tested on a constant basis. Typically when a friend would breakdown amongst the other he would be the one apologizing for his actions, not otherwise expecting the opposing friend to reach out towards him and putting the pieces together. Mind you very cruel things would be said in which tne opposing friend feels like the unwanted all the way through. Glad to read that you acknowledge your own problem here, that seed of doubt being planted in which you speak of further supports one of the major issues I said above. I don't think not wanting to be burdened by other people is exclusive towards the internet. It's not something anyone would want in general. I wish to have everyone around including yourself but you're making it a ton times more difficult then it needs to be. And by that I mean by making me feel as if I'm unwanted in your World. Most likely because I don't meet your standards I suppose. You can make yourself believe that you'd just be replaced but I think everyone can agree that you're well.. Irreplaceable. There's undoubtedly no other like you.

I realized I didn't responded to one of your skype messages, I may have missed it but just read before I realized you already removed me. I guess I'm at fault here for seemingly 'ignoring' you there. It probably coincidentally appeared as I shifted chats and skype assumed I read it at that point, I don't know. The internet definitely isn't a healthy environment for your condition and as much as I personally don't want to let you go, it's best for your sake but I guess I'm just careless and only want to grab what I want just to be entertained. I felt I knew you well enough not to have any suicidal intentions, so I never went as far to worry about that. I still kinda don't. I find it to be a plea for attention and I hope I am right. There's a lot of things you say that you claim to dislike yourself but then the next day you'd do exactly what you seemingly disliked others in doing. Yes I find you a bit hypercritical in many ways. One day you'd be a completely different person then in the following hours it's just the complete opposite in personality.. It's all just too confusing for me to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Depression is very serious. My best friend in college spent a year in a basement playing world of Warcraft. He was trapped in depression. Unable to think he had friends or could make friends. He kicked the habit and so can you.

I've never made a friend from online gaming. Though I have going to a coffee shop, volunteering, going to a bar, work, walking the dog etc.

If you have someone you can talk to about this stuff face to face, do it. If you don't get a professional, therapist or doctor. I'd like to make suggestions to help but it is so specific you should ask for help from loved ones.

New studies show that gaming can be an addiction and as powerfully addicting as drugs, obviously without the mental and physical effects. But the yearning and inability to quit or normalize can be similar.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
**** the randos in this game, i swear. it's like there's a name-filter or friend filter that prevents a pure N5 team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom