The worst cause of loss ever?

NNID
robswiiuid
I was playing Rainmaker on Camp Triggerfish, and I was right at the point with the Rainmaker, and I pressed the L2 button and turn into squid form without jumping, and then I fell through the grated floor, and got shot by somebody using a Heavy Splatling. I was kind of distraught over how close it was, but then again, I may have died either way since there was somebody hiding behind a corner with an Inkzooka.

I want to know what you guys think, what was the most unlucky way you've ever lost a match?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's not very interesting, but anytime I've lost due to a teammate disconnecting, which happens a lot unfortunately. Once it happens, suddenly your chances of winning pretty much die immediately, especially if it happens at the beginning, or near the beginning of a match.

Inversely, winning after losing a teammate is probably the best way to win a match. It certainly boosts my Splatoon ego anytime it happens.

DJVee

Inkling
NNID
DJVeeWolf
You ever lose because of a Buzz Lightyear jump? You know, when you or a teammate makes a risky jump, only to fall into the abyss below? You can't really fault them, especially if it's a jump that one can make fairly regularly or if it was out of an urgent need to take the risk. It sure stings when a loss can be attributed to something involving a Lightyear jump, though.

In terms of losses with the most hurt, it's usually when there's a team wipeout. Just straight up quad splatted. When you're the first one to go and you're about to respawn, then the other three get blasted, leaving you as the last kid on team and you get into a desperate mindset, rushing ahead before everyone spawns to try and maintain some ground. I've found this especially prevalent in Turf War, simply because it has worked a couple times. But, when there's a wipeout and the minute warning sounds, it's hard not to get dreadful, especially if they've given your team a good challenge.

NNID
robswiiuid
It's not very interesting, but anytime I've lost due to a teammate disconnecting, which happens a lot unfortunately. Once it happens, suddenly your chances of winning pretty much die immediately, especially if it happens at the beginning, or near the beginning of a match.

Inversely, winning after losing a teammate is probably the best way to win a match. It certainly boosts my Splatoon ego anytime it happens.
Something a little similar happened in a match, during the previous Splatfest, where 3 members of each team left, making it a 1v1 match instead

Heh, same here, it boosts my squid ego as well, but at the same time, I sometimes begin to think it may be the other team's fault we won, because sometimes they just do nothing or have a party.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Pretty much anytime someone on the enemy team manages to slip by my team's defenses with no-one the wiser until it's too late. It sucks when you're trucking along and suddenly you lose turf for a reason that isn't immediately obvious.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Alright, it's my turn to shine, just need to shoot the rainmaker carrier before they get closer.

Misses 20 shots with the 96. Gal

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
It was Splatfest, one minute remaining, we were winning by so much...

Poof, 3vs4..."We can still do this!"...
Poof, 2vs4..."Right...Guys?..."...
...Poof...1vs4..."Haha..." *Sniped*

SwiftySquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PlatninumGamer
DISCONNECTION ERRORS.

THEY WILL NEVER GO AWAY.
THEY MAKE ME WANNA GO INSANE.

NNID
robswiiuid
It was Splatfest, one minute remaining, we were winning by so much...

Poof, 3vs4..."We can still do this!"...
Poof, 2vs4..."Right...Guys?..."...
...Poof...1vs4..."Haha..." *Sniped*
Snipers are my mortal enemy. One time I nearly saved the tower, but then a random sniper comes out of nowhere from behind, and shoots me when I jump onto the tower. I didn't see the guy until I died, and the camera focused on him.

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
Missing a crucial splat that you should have gotten.

See a guy in the last five seconds with the post-game inkstrike ready?
No problem, he's a still target! I'll just charge up and...

*miss*

Then you feel like the burden of your team for the next five matches and secretly wishing you used a different gun.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
My reasons for losing tend to be pretty vanilla, generally just failing in a situation that was kill or be killed. The most embarrassing is when I totally whiff easy shots, or fall to my death because I'm not paying attention, costing my team the force it needs to win.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
When I'm standing completely still on a perch taking some shots, then I fall off the map for no apparent reason.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
There was one match in Ranked where my team started with an absolutely shining moment... We were playing on Bluefin Depot and we were all in the B+ Rank. As soon as the match started, all three of my team mates squidded forward and proceeded to fall through the hole. :confused: Needless to say... We lost and I was left wondering how these three made it to the B+ rank in the first place.

I always have brilliant moments on Moray Towers.... I like going up the walls and jumping up to splat someone shooting from the edge. Normally, I can make the landing and splat my target... Although there have been a lot of moments where I completely miss the edge and fall to my death. Absolutely brilliant moments from yours truly if I do say so myself. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom