TheMH's Gear and Loadout Compendium

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Hi everyone!

This thread is supposed to give an overview over the best gear I currently own and provide ideas on specific loadouts. It also serves as overview for myself. Everything in this post is my personal opinion, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong somewhere, share your loadouts or provide new ideas. I think it might also be helpful for beginners who start from scratch.

Available gear - Last Update 2015/11/30

First off, this and the next two posts list every piece of gear which I currently own and consider worth using. This includes all Cold-Blooded shirts and all Ink Resistance shoes as these abilities stand out a lot in the current meta.

Headgear

:ability_comeback: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_tenacity: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_inkrecovery: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_inksavermain: | :ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub:
:ability_inksavermain: | :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:ability_swimspeed: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_swimspeed: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:ability_runspeed: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_bombrange: | :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_bombrange: | :ability_bombrange::ability_specialduration::ability_bombrange:
:ability_specialsaver: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_inksavermain:
:ability_quicksuperjump: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quicksuperjump:

Last edited:

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Available gear - Last Update 2015/11/30

Shoes

:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_inksavermain:
:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_damage::ability_inksavermain::ability_runspeed:
:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_runspeed::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_inksavermain: | :ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_inksaversub: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_defenseup:
:ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

Last edited:

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Loadouts - Last Update 2015/11/30
It's getting interesting now. What combinations of equipment work with which weapon? In the following I'm going to list my current setups.

"Speedy Custom Jet" / "Bomb Raging Custom Jet" finished loadouts
:ability_swimspeed: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: ///
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_damage::ability_bombrange: ///
:ability_bombrange: | :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_swimspeed:

My current main build focuses on making the Kraken and Burst Bumbs of the Custom Jet Squelcher really dangerous. The base version uses Swim Speed and 2 subs of Special Duration Up, a more advanced version comes with lots of Bomb Range which is really fun to play, even though being very gimmicky. Damage Up brings the damage of a burst bomb close to 70 while the main weapon is maxed out at 33.3.

"Ink-Saving .96 Deco" finished loadout
:ability_inksavermain: | :ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub: ///
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: ///
:ability_inksavermain: | :ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:

A new loadout which focuses on Ink Savers and Swim Speed for the .96 Gal Deco. This setup is supposed to work around the impact of the recent Splash Wall nerf which delays your ink recovery by 2.67 seconds after putting down a wall.

"Squiffer Deluxe" finished loadout
:ability_runspeed: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed: ///
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: /
//
:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

My attempt in getting good with the Squiffer. Speed Ups are a must for the Squiffer and I got pretty lucky with the roll on my Hero Headset here. Some Special Charge Up grants quick bubblers, as the Squiffer's inking capabilities are actually quite good. I also tried to play it with Bomb Range, but I found myself using the point sensors not often enough to benefit from it.

"Punishing Pro" finished loadout
:ability_inkrecovery: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: ///
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: ///
The gimmick of this set is to bring the Forge Pro's base damage up to 49.9 but without passing on Cold-Blooded or Ink Resistance or disregarding it's weaknesses like huge ink consumption completely. This is achieved with 8 Damage Up subs; with 7 perks I'd be at 49.2. Let me assure you - getting consistent 2-shot-splats with the Pro is totally worth it. Testing showed a Run Speed Up sub being the most viable in this setup, as one single Run Speed Up sub makes the Pro much more maneuverable.

"E-Liter 3K Classical" finished loadout
:ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

:ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:
Two pretty straight forward standard E-Liter builds. My Squash Headband and maybe a perfect-rolled Sky Blue Squideye give me some alternatives if I want to change the balance between Damage and Recovery Up.

"Powerhouse Tentatek" finished loadout
:ability_comeback: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: ///
:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_inksavermain:
One of my favorite basic loadouts. The Damage Up on the shirt extends the Tentatek's max range a little bit and counters Defense Up builds.

"Respawning Custom Dual Squelcher" work in progress, new 2015/10/20
:ability_quicksuperjump: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quicksuperjump: ///
:ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_specialsaver::ability_quickrespawn: ///
:ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

I don't see this as finished loadout, but I'm actually pretty happy with these rolls already. Headgear and shirt are top notch for a Quick Respawn/Beakon set, but I have the feeling I should rather invest in a Special Saver Main for the shoes.

Last edited:

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
The Grey Anchor Sweat
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
If you are starting from scratch or wondering where to start, let me give you this tip: You may have noticed I use the Anchor Sweat with 3 Damage Up subs in many loadouts. In my opinion this is one of the most versatile pieces of equipment and shouldn't be missing on any good Splatoon savefile. It's mandatory if you want to use E-Liter. Plus it's easy to get as it's brand favors Damage Up and a lot of players have it already, so you will get many chances to order it from Spyke.

Ability tier list - Last Update 2015/11/15
S+
:ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:
S
:ability_damage::ability_inksavermain:
A+
:ability_runspeed::ability_specialsaver:
A-
:ability_quickrespawn::ability_bombrange::ability_specialcharge:
B
:ability_defenseup::ability_specialduration:
C
:ability_inksaversub::ability_quicksuperjump:

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
eh
I just have broad sets for weapons, that cover any and all problems, and then a gas mask; all ofc rolled with x3 on their x5 preferred roll.

Njok

Bouncer
Edit: woops nevermind, i re-rolled pretty much all of the gear i listed here. Still a good idea to organize builds like this though.

Last edited:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Here are the two sets that I use most of the time now:

TW, SZ, RM, with the Neo Splash:

:head_msn000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tel006::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_sdl000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I occasionally switch out two slots for doubles of something else - say, :ability_damage: or:ability_quickrespawn: - but then I remember that I like to go fast and switch back. I'm also experimenting with sacrificing one run/swim speed main for one more of the other (tried it so far with 4x run speed + 2 x swim speed), but I think the above is probably best for me.

TC, with the Tentatek:

:head_amb000::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
SST :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_sdl001::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Loadouts - Last Update 2015/09/25
It's getting interesting now. What combinations of equipment work with which weapon? In the following I'm going to list my current "main" setups.

"Punishing Pro"

This is one of the most ambitious loadouts I'm currently working with. It's gimmick is to bring the Pro's (Forge Pro that is) base damage up to 49.9 but without passing on Cold-Blooded or Ink Resistance or disregarding it's weaknesses like huge ink consumption completely. This is achieved with 8 Damage Up subs; with 7 perks I'd be at 49.2. Let me assure you - getting consistent 2-shot-splats with the Pro is totally worth it.

Testing showed a Run Speed Up sub being the most viable in this setup, as one single Run Speed Up sub is worth 7.5% which is huge for a sub and makes the Pro more maneuverable. A possibility to improve further is to get headgear with :ability_damage: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:. Damage Up stacks a little higher with 1 main + 5 subs than with 8 subs which is good to counter Defense Up, while Regeneration Up stays at 15%. Unfortunately though, such a piece is super-rare (Legendary Cap, I'm looking at you).

"Speedy Custom Jet"
:ability_swimspeed: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: ///
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_damage::ability_bombrange: ///

This build focuses on making the Kraken and Burst Bumbs of the Custom Jet Squelcher really dangerous via Swim Speed and some Duration Ups and one Bomb Range Up sub. Damage Up brings the damage of a burst bomb close to 70 while the main weapon is maxed out at 33.3.

"Powerhouse Tentatek"
:ability_comeback: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: ///
One of my favorite basic loadouts. The Damage Up on the shirt extends the Tentatek's max range a little bit and counters Defense Up builds.

"Permanent Bomb Rush Tentatek"
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_runspeed::ability_inkrecovery: ///
:ability_inkresistance: | :ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

This is a loadout with a lot of potential in my opinion. The target is to almost max out Recovery Up, thus giving you the possibility to spam suction bombs very quickly. I'm not sure if I want triple rolls on the shirt and the shoes; a single Run Speed and a single Damage Up round up the build quite well. It features a full Tentatek build (incl. weapon) which is nice, too.

.96 Gal Deco
:ability_coldblooded: | :ability_inksavermain::ability_specialduration::ability_inksavermain: ///

A loadout very similar to the Tentatek, but instead of Damage Up I focus on Main Savers on the shirt. Duration is good for kraken, but I'd want to get a 3/3 Main Saver roll on the shirt at some time.

E-Liter 3K
:ability_damage: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Pretty straight forward standard E-Liter build. Instead of the Quick Respawn Sub on the shoes either an additional Recovery Up or an additional Damage Up would make this build perfect. Headgear with :ability_damage: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: is also worth considering as mentioned before.
how would you be getting the 2 shot splat with the pro? I thought the damage would cap meaning you can't lower the 3 shots to splat. I might be wrong though.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
As it does 49.9 damage you won't get 2-shots right away, but you 2-shot everyone who is wounded or just barely touched your ink a moment ago ;)

On another note I know some of my Speed Up ability info is wrong according to the new stuff about abilities we found out recently. I need to update/rephrase that soon.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Reserved slot for me :)

BARRICADE
NNID: Barricade31
Chinese timezone

Custom Blaster / Neo Luna / Slosher

I'll come back and update this later, I only have a few peices of gear worth ordering and I'm far from having an optimal setup for my weapon choices. I have the worst luck.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Weapon Load-outs:

Krak-On Splat Roller:
:head_vis001::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialsaver::ability_quickrespawn::ability_inksaversub:
:clothes_tel011::ability_specialduration::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_runspeed::ability_quicksuperjump:
:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Blahblah RunnSpeed doesnt help rolling speed blah- its unbelivable for evasion and other movement, also this is a build designed to maximize the Kraken and Beakons.

Sploosh-o-matic:
:head_amb000::ability_swimspeed::ability_quickrespawn::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialcharge:
:clothes_tes022::ability_ninjasquid::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_damage::ability_quicksuperjump:/
:clothes_tes019::ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialduration:
:shoes_lts000::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_specialduration:

Speed. Or Stealth w/Speed. This is my Assassin/Ranked set. 90% of the time the goal is to efficiently keep them splatted to hinder progress.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Some nice loadouts you've got there!
Personally, I might give the Punishing Pro and Powerhouse Tentatek a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom