Theory Central

LordNgyes

Inkling
Welcome to Theory Central! Feel free to share your theories about Splatoon lore on this thread!

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Wow, how did I not notice this before? I love theories and speculations! I always had a theory that there are multiple kinds of every sea-based species in Splatoon, the presence of deep sea jellyfish in Octo Expansion and surface jellyfish support this idea as such, things like eye marks for cephalopds being different or whether they have some sort of pattern on their tentacle or not. Even Murch and Spyke could be different Sea Urchin species from each other. Callie and Marie as well as Cap'n Cuttlefish could be from a different species of Inklings than the ones that we played as, and Pearl is different from both of them, possibly the pygmy squid given her height at 21. Same thing for enemy Octolings, Marina and playable Octolings being from different species of their respective Octarian species. However, being a different species of the same kind doesn't mean they don't have the same biological capabilities. Like, the two jellyfish varieties can still do the same things and Octolings from different species can still create other Octarian subspecies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom