Theory Thread: Respawning and about gear.

Bowrock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
N.Bowrock
When you get splatted, you can see a little squid ghost rising up to air.
As we know, inklings are make mostly of ink. When the ink dissolves in water or gets pushed out from inklings body by enemy ink, all is left is the little ghost: Inklings "true form". In this state they are so light that they will drift away with the wind. The respawning platform sucks the floating squiddy in and fills it with ink, thus restoring its combat capability.

When inkling is splatted, his/her clothes and weapon are left behind. They will dissolve in few seconds. However, when inkling respawns, the clothes and weapon are back.
I believe that the clothes and weapons are not actually real objects but rather part of the inkling. When you buy gear, you actually get something that will modify the shape of inksack inklings consist of. This would also explain cap'n Cuttlefish's tentacle moustache.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
My theory considers the stages of matter which are solid, liquid and gas. Solid is their humanoid form and squid form when not submerged in ink, liquid form is when they are submerged in ink and gas form is the "ghost" This is why Agent 3 can safely boil in those tea pots in Hero Mode as the character is only turning into a vapor.

They quickly turn into vapor form for safety when they are about to fall in water or are splatted. And like your theory says, the respawning platform gives them new ink.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Full Squid
The clothes and weapons are real objects detached from the inkling. You see them land separately when splatted.

They disappear though. This is classic video game physics. "Anything not saved will be lost."

I suppose you are 3D printed a new weapon at an accelerated speed when respawning. The initial purchasing cost with Sheldon must be a licensing fee.

Bowrock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
N.Bowrock
The clothes and weapons are real objects detached from the inkling. You see them land separately when splatted.

They disappear though. This is classic video game physics. "Anything not saved will be lost."

I suppose you are 3D printed a new weapon at an accelerated speed when respawning. The initial purchasing cost with Sheldon must be a licensing fee.
I meant something like that, but couldn't put it right. They have to be made of ink considering that they disappear when in squid mode and dissolve when you get splatted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom