• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

This game is missing some features

REX Legend

Inkling
NNID
RXLegendary
It's missing a number count of how many players are playing the game. It's also missing some sort of trading system,selling system, if you want to sell items you don't use and it'll be cool if some sort of deatchmatch gametype as well and also, nerf the rollers splash attack, it's op.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
It doesn't need two types of instant KO attacks, just sayin'
git gud

The thing is, the Splash attack has a breif windup period before the ink is flung, which makes it easy to react to if your have the reflexes. When you see one winding up, swim to the side or backwards and approach from a different angle

git gud Only scrubs say git gud.
I'll have you know I'm not one who complains about bugged matchmaking.

Prime 2.0

Inkling
NNID
PrimeV2
The team life counters can show you how many people are in the game you are playing.

As for roller splash attack, it's only an OHKO at short range and when hitting dead on at the same time, with the exception of dynamo which you should be treating more as an enemy charger than anything. Keep them at bay with your range, punish hasty approaches with bombs, and absolutely never never never never never walk next to enemy ink that is connected to the rest of their turf, that is literally suicide if a roller who actually knows what their weapon is about is around. Additionally, don't get into cover fights with a roller - if they take cover, keep your distance and just lay down suppressing fire until your friends get there to take them out, or withdraw if you can't hold that position, even if that means superjumping. If you're suppressing someone and you hear or see a super meter complete though do something decisive immediately or get the heck out of there, because someone is about to die.

That said? One size does not fit all. Adjust your playstyle to mitigate the unique threat of your current opponents. If you play to their strengths, whether it's roller or 52 gal or chargers or blasters or whatever, you're just going to have a bad time... and that's you right now, because it's clear that your current playstyle and tactics aren't suited for dealing with splash-happy rollers.

REX Legend

Inkling
NNID
RXLegendary
The team life counters can show you how many people are in the game you are playing.

As for roller splash attack, it's only an OHKO at short range and when hitting dead on at the same time, with the exception of dynamo which you should be treating more as an enemy charger than anything. Keep them at bay with your range, punish hasty approaches with bombs, and absolutely never never never never never walk next to enemy ink that is connected to the rest of their turf, that is literally suicide if a roller who actually knows what their weapon is about is around. Additionally, don't get into cover fights with a roller - if they take cover, keep your distance and just lay down suppressing fire until your friends get there to take them out, or withdraw if you can't hold that position, even if that means superjumping. If you're suppressing someone and you hear or see a super meter complete though do something decisive immediately or get the heck out of there, because someone is about to die.

That said? One size does not fit all. Adjust your playstyle to mitigate the unique threat of your current opponents. If you play to their strengths, whether it's roller or 52 gal or chargers or blasters or whatever, you're just going to have a bad time... and that's you right now, because it's clear that your current playstyle and tactics aren't suited for dealing with splash-happy rollers.
I meant the population numb count. Sry I can be an idiot sometimes...

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
I find it weird whenever you're 1V1ing somebody and the only ways to win is to either outrange/shoot them or go behind their backs. If you go behind their backs then they're pretty much screwed unless you absolute suck at aiming and this play just seems off to me for some reason.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I find it weird whenever you're 1V1ing somebody and the only ways to win is to either outrange/shoot them or go behind their backs. If you go behind their backs then they're pretty much screwed unless you absolute suck at aiming and this play just seems off to me for some reason.
Well, that's how most shooters work

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Who really cares about the exact amount of people playing the game, and I really don't think trading is necessary at all.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I came into this thread ready to rant about how idiotic it is that they still won't let us pick what game mode we want to play, and instead make me wait eight ****ing hours.

Instead I see the most trivial and stupid things to nitpick at.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I like when i google splat roller, the suggestion immediately says "splat roller op". I mean c'mon it's not the only OHKO attack out there, guys...

It's only op if you never look at the map or just charge blindly forwards w/o ever inking anything. Seriously...

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It's the Phlogistinator of Splatoon. Very easy for a newbie to pick up and stomp other newbies with little effort, but with players who actually know what they're doing it's perfectly balanced.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Rollers aren't very good in combat unless they get the drop on you. Even then if they are far enough away any other weapon can take them out first, that includes the Inkbrush. Just make sure to stay far away from rollers when fighting them and they will stop killing you.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Then again, that is what happens in games with a low TTK. It comes down to whoever saw who first. I would say who shot who first as well, but that is assuming both players are capable of landing all their shots, and are using similar weapons.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Instead I see the most trivial and stupid things to nitpick at.
For sure, these things aren't "missing", they're just not essential and not included. For goodness' sake.

The worst part about Splatoon's slow release of content is that it's turned a lot of people into idea men who think anything they dream of can be added to the game at a moment's notice. The game isn't perfect, but would it kill you to just enjoy what's there?

Bolt

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EnderBolt
It's missing LAN and spectator mode, LAN so venue wifi doesn't die every second, and spectator mode for tournaments, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom