This is something that seriously needs fixing

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
Okay. So I'm at C+. I got 92 points and I just need one more win to be a B-. I'm excited. I enter a Splat Zones battle. Everything's going great and we're winning. Then all of a sudden...communication error. I get kicked out. I now have 82 points.
I really hate this. The game punishes me for a communication error that I had no control over. I lose points over something that wasn't my fault. And I know it wasn't my own connection. It's very stable, running through an ethernet cable, and the one time when it was my fault, the game told me. It said "Your connection is unstable" before kicking me out. But this was just a random communication error from who knows what...

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I believe this has been discussed before...

It is annoying, I would be perfectly fine if they removed that. I hated dealing with that on Mario Kart Wii, where you'd lose tons of points if you DC'd.

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
In every game I've ever played if you disconnect you get the loss. It doesn't matter if it is your fault or not, and while it is frustrating, it makes sense.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
It's just a exploit security measure to prevent people from spamming disconnects if their ranked game goes bad. Not that I don't agree with you, but it happens sadly.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
Is there no way of distinguishing whether it was the fault of the player or not? Are there any games out there that can do this?

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I never been DC'd. I have seen others who DC right when they know they lost.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Is there no way of distinguishing whether it was the fault of the player or not? Are there any games out there that can do this?
It's pretty hard for the game to tell why you disconnected. Even if it could check if you disconnected solely due to losing your Internet connection it's too easy for someone to just shut off their router to avoid the loss. Same goes for the console powering down due to a power outage, people can always just pull the plug. There's just no real way to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom