• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

This'll maybe get balanced soon

techton

Senior Squid
The Dark Tetra Duelies. I feel too powerful using them and too powerless fighting them. They're pretty busted right now imo, plus they're new, so balance changes to the weapon are to be expected.

I don't know. I only used them in 8 or so matches and I completely crushed the opponents. Other times when I'm fighting Tetra Duelies with a different weapon I feel completely powerless. They can easily approach me by rolling toward me in zigzags, plus the splashdown and auto-bombs allow for easy gimping.

I don't really have a lot of fun using them and I can't figure out a way to counter them.

Thoughts?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
The Dark Tetra Duelies. I feel too powerful using them and too powerless fighting them. They're pretty busted right now imo, plus they're new, so balance changes to the weapon are to be expected.

I don't know. I only used them in 8 or so matches and I completely crushed the opponents. Other times when I'm fighting Tetra Duelies with a different weapon I feel completely powerless. They can easily approach me by rolling toward me in zigzags, plus the splashdown and auto-bombs allow for easy gimping.

I don't really have a lot of fun using them and I can't figure out a way to counter them.

Thoughts?
You just aren't abusing the Tetra's problems. After rolling, they stand completely still for about 1 second. Every weapon in this game kills in under that time, so you just have to abuse it. The Autobomb and Splashdown combo is mediocre at best, the main weapon's painting and TTK can be described the same way. The Tetras have disgusting accuracy when not rolling, so that drops the killtime even more.

Basically, they don't need a nerf, you just need to figure out how to fight them.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
"They're pretty busted right now" Not really. Its damage isn't that good, has less accuracy than the other dualies (save Glooga) and after a person uses up all their dodge rolls, they're locked in place which gives you more than enough time to punish them especially with longer ranged weapons.

They're not awful, but not amazing either and they do not need to be nerfed. Making numerous threads about how "broken" certain weapons are doesn't change anything and your lack of experience with them.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Salamander King is essentially right here: You're forced to be frozen in the same spot. Did you just dodge towards a point the enemy you are fighting just inked? Well? Bad luck, cause you'll be standing in that inked spot for a whole second while the other guy gives you the final punch.

I did lengthy tests with the dualies in Turf war yesterday: First I thought "Oh, this may be good" when I shredded through some squiddos by doding like a maniac while making use of the relatively good target lock-on you have even while dodging. But then a time came where I was outta dodges and I wanted to survive by firing the Splashdown during that 1 second forced freezing. *Boom boom SPLAT* "WHAT? I pressed the stick! Why didn't I splashdown?". Well... I came to realize: It's not my controller that's broken. Apparently you are forced to stand there and do literally NOTHING. You cannot even fire the splashdown to get around the forced frozen second.

I understand that this is intended as a tradeoff to the zippiness of this weapon. But I think it's a tradeoff that ulatimatively makes this weapon useless in higher level gameplay where everyone knows what they're doing

Nerf it more? No way!

Padre

Pro Squid
I need like three days of playing to get hang of weapons. Many times weapons feel powerful just because opponents dont know to handle them. Pro Tip: Always be careful when against new stuff. At some point you'll figure out how to counter them.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Feel like we need more playtime and testing before bashing any new weapon as, "Overpowered".

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Normal combat wise, they're basically an inferior Splat Dualies. They have marginally more range but the the shot deviation on this thing is Dapple Dualies tier in comparison to the Splat Dualies which have the best accuracy in the class.

The whole ability to shoot mid roll and couple extra rolls are the only things making them useful. That and a pretty good kit.
They're fine, I think they have a potentially higher skill ceiling than the Splat Dualies if the player masters aiming while dodge rolling but the fact that the weapon is only truly any good while dodge rolling and said roll comes with bad end lag balance it out overall compared to other Dualies.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Just about every one i saw so far dodge rolled straight into the water, every time

No but really, they're an alright weapon that unfortunately get overshadowed by a lot of other weapons currently out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom