Thoughts on Fizzbangs?

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I don't think they can reliably be used for combo damage either and work better as a way to control space. It just takes a good while for them to explode and they don't do a lot of damage so I prefer using them to push into an area or keep others away.

carro179

Inkling
Pronouns
yes
Switch Friend Code
SW-7820-5913-3313
I find them quite fun! Though sometimes the animation for getting them takes a bit too long for my taste. I do hope this means people will start playing a bit different than usual

Seafoo

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6043-5525-9423
I think they're pretty underwhelming in small numbers, but can turn many 2 shots into 1 shots if you overwhelm them or get a good read.

C-53

Inkling
I have used them to help displace campers and break out of my own locked spawn, which felt really good. It seems like the kind of scenario they should be designed for. Perhaps the devs could reinforce this by having them do 1.5x damage and paint for the first 3-4 seconds after being granted by a respawn, or something similar.

Tereox

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
I have used them to help displace campers and break out of my own locked spawn, which felt really good. It seems like the kind of scenario they should be designed for. Perhaps the devs could reinforce this by having them do 1.5x damage and paint for the first 3-4 seconds after being granted by a respawn, or something similar.
That's a great idea

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
They feel weird, they're caught between this weird area of painting tool and bomb. For no ink cost they're obviously not detrimental but they shouldn't be used in close quarter fights most of the time. I also don't like how they pair up with Ttek and VSlosh to make the insane bomb rush thing for really strong burst paint.

Tereox

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Personally, I think they're fun to use and add a little extra something to Splatfests.

Umbreonfan

Senior Squid
I don't think they can reliably be used for combo damage either and work better as a way to control space. It just takes a good while for them to explode and they don't do a lot of damage so I prefer using them to push into an area or keep others away.
They should've added them sooner. They make turf war more fun.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
They should've added them sooner. They make turf war more fun.
Yeah, it makes no sense that they've decided to add Fizzbangs now when we're already at the end of the games update cycle (assuming we don't have content extension).
My guess would be that they planned on adding them sooner but pushed it back just like they did for Side Order so they could be added with Inkopolis Square.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
now that i actually got a chance to try them out, i think they are pretty good

as a tool, they can do some combo damage and paint. 1 by itself is not that good, mainly because of how long it takes for it to go off. as soon as you start getting a lot, you can absolutely overwhelm someone by throwing all of your fizzbangs at them. i also think getting them from splats is cool, it actually gives an incentive for fighting without there being an objective.

you can also throw them around during squid parties, and there are a lot of squid parties during splatfests because of all the mirror matches

i hope we get a challenge where we get to use fizzbangs in a ranked mode

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
now that i actually got a chance to try them out, i think they are pretty good

as a tool, they can do some combo damage and paint. 1 by itself is not that good, mainly because of how long it takes for it to go off. as soon as you start getting a lot, you can absolutely overwhelm someone by throwing all of your fizzbangs at them. i also think getting them from splats is cool, it actually gives an incentive for fighting without there being an objective.

you can also throw them around during squid parties, and there are a lot of squid parties during splatfests because of all the mirror matches

i hope we get a challenge where we get to use fizzbangs in a ranked mode
Fizzbangs in RM sounds like it'd be a nightmare for the Rainmaker carrier lol

2bdamned

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
i'm a little late to this thread now that splatfest is over but i wanted to comment because i think they're cool!! even if they don't really do that much damage or anything.

i found pairing them with bombs to be pretty handy. or just collecting a bunch and tossing them all lol. i think they're a fun little addition to splatfests.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I feel like I didn't really play enough to get used to them. They seem fun in theory but starting out it was just another mechanic to think about and it could be a little overwhelming. Mostly I would forget about them and then throw them all in the general direction of enemy ink in the last 10 seconds of the match. Maybe next time I'll have more time to play and get used to them enough to be more effective with them. I feel like they are a fun idea and add some celebratory energy to splatfest!

I also think it would be fun if, for Springfest, instead of getting them when spawning in/getting splats, you would have to find them, egg-hunt style, and pick them up similar to clams. It's unlikely but I just think it would be cute. They may have to balance them so more map control doesn't equal more fizzbangs though, to prevent things from snowballing too easily. Maybe keep the thing were you get one every time you get a splat or spawn in, but instead of you getting them immediately, one will spawn somewhere where you have ink coverage for anyone to hunt for and grab. (I am putting way too much thought into this lol I just like egg-hunt mechanics).

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I feel like I didn't really play enough to get used to them. They seem fun in theory but starting out it was just another mechanic to think about and it could be a little overwhelming. Mostly I would forget about them and then throw them all in the general direction of enemy ink in the last 10 seconds of the match. Maybe next time I'll have more time to play and get used to them enough to be more effective with them. I feel like they are a fun idea and add some celebratory energy to splatfest!

I also think it would be fun if, for Springfest, instead of getting them when spawning in/getting splats, you would have to find them, egg-hunt style, and pick them up similar to clams. It's unlikely but I just think it would be cute. They may have to balance them so more map control doesn't equal more fizzbangs though, to prevent things from snowballing too easily. Maybe keep the thing were you get one every time you get a splat or spawn in, but instead of you getting them immediately, one will spawn somewhere where you have ink coverage for anyone to hunt for and grab. (I am putting way too much thought into this lol I just like egg-hunt mechanics).
Yeah, that's how I thought it was going to be at first. We would collect them like we do for clams and if it was done that way then players probably wouldn't have forgotten to use them. I still think they did a good job implementing them the way they did, rewarding you for winning fights and giving some after respawning which could help for pushing back in.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
I enjoyed using them! I mainly used them to prevent the ennemy from coming back or to defend my team. I did manage to push some people in my bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom