• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on Future Updates?

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
What are your predictions for the upcoming updates of Splatoon 2 or what do you hope to see added to to the game for a better gaming experience? We'll see nerfs and buffs on weapons, but that's pretty standard.

Personally, I would love to be able to change gear while waiting in the lobby area for Turf Wars. It would be easier to stay with teams and less waiting time trying to rejoin a friend's session.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
The ability to back out of lobbies you join on accident
More Dualies
More Sloshers
More Splatlings
i dont know if we'll ever be able to change weapons in a lobby because lobbies are formed based on the weapons picked by the 8 players. (the game doesnt always distribute them correctly, tho.)
playable Octolings
Sloshing Machine buffs
Hydra Splatling Buffs
the ability to un-Fresh! a post if you like it on accident
the ability to block users from appearing in your Square by interacting with them (a button next to Fresh! and Report, preferably)
Sting Ray buffs
that's all i got right now.

Emperor

I would love to play as an octoling for sure. Fanbase has been waiting on that idea forever and I'd laugh it if there happens to be dualie rollers.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I would love to play as an octoling for sure. Fanbase has been waiting on that idea forever and I'd laugh it if there happens to be dualie rollers.
if dualie rollers happen, my god. inklings are truly swole as hell.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I just want more maps at this point. What we currently have isn't enough.
Yeah, we really need more. I'm still having a blast with the game on all the available maps, but it's starting to show that we really need more. When I consistently see the same map on the same mode twice in one day, you need some more maps Splatoon 2~

If they intend to add more single player content, I would love to see that. Not sure what it would consist of, but it would be nice to see.

Aside from more maps on Salmon Run, I would like to see some cool new additions to Salmon Run. A mode where you are competing with Octarians for golden eggs would be really cool for example.

This is a pretty crazy addition to imagine, but a fourth mode that's Inklings vs. Octolings, where one side has an objective, and the other side needs to defend the objective, likely involving mini zapfish or something. I don't know how likely we will get another mode in this game, it doesn't really need it since we have a lot to do, but I would like them to keep wanting to expand upon the game as much as possible.

Emperor

Salmon Run is a great addition to the game. I have a feeling they'll make changes to the times in the future to where it'll stay open 24/7 but it'll probably be when they discontinue Splatfest in a couple years.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Oh yeah, we totally need more maps now. Ive crammed 100 hours into this game and believe me it's been a blast, but I definitely wish they released more maps.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
We need some more Splatoon 1 maps to return, like Kelp Dome and Flounder Heights.
My man. Kelp Dome, Flounder Heights, and Camp Triggerfish were my favorites. I liked all of splatoon's maps except Moray Towers 1.0, Bluefin Depot, and Port Mackerel though.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Aside from the obvious guesses of additional weapons, gear, and maps, I'm hoping to see something more being done with Salmon Run. Such as more maps, or even an alternate species of enemies different from the Salmonids, and we take eggs from that alternate species for specific maps.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
the ability to un-Fresh! a post if you like it on accident
Fun fact, it actually doesn't even save that to any sort of memory. If you close and re-open the game, it's just unmarked again.

Emperor

We need some more Splatoon 1 maps to return, like Kelp Dome and Flounder Heights.
There is an extremely high chance they'll bring those back. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did. The rework they've done on the old ones so far is great! I love how much bigger some of them are too and being able to access more locations.

Shady Shaymin

Inkling
They can add all the weapons they want, all the maps they want.

If they don't make Salmon Run playable at all times eventually, do away with ranked mode rotations, fix the lobbies, the tick rate, or provide a reasonable alternative to map rotations, then it doesn't really to matter to me.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Fun fact, it actually doesn't even save that to any sort of memory. If you close and re-open the game, it's just unmarked again.
s-so what's the point of Freshing a post?

Emperor

I wish they had the option to change the color of your target marker so you can see it better.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
More maps are always welcome, though that's more a matter of When rather than If. What I'd like is for them to do a Hightide Era/ABXY and roll out some new tunes for multiplayer matches. The new guys are cool and all, but their stuff gets a little same-y after a while.

Octolings or not, I'd still want to eventually have their armor as gear, even if it's not as fresh as the first game's set (so say I). And since it's a thing with other shirts, maybe we can get the gloves to match with it? (Still don't understand why they didn't just make that a non-gear option like the shorts and hair.)

#freethekraken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom