Thoughts on Killer Wail 5.1?

KibryHouse

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4782-5986-0003
A few patches ago, Killer Wail 5.1 got a huge buff, massively increasing its damage. I feel like I've been dying to it a ton cause of this! Why does this special see so little top level use?!

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
Wail doesn't see much use bc there's just more powerful specials that have more utility than wail, rn its just an annoyance at best. Being that its a global range special with autotracking we have to be careful on buffing stuff like that because we don't want a repeat of s2 missiles/sting ray.

aloevera

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6380-4920-7328
wail is good for fast paced teams with a run and gun playstyle but the problem is u need to be with 3 other aggressive players. the more passive players u have the less value you get out of the wail's chip and short duration

Pick

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7056-3856-3502
ive definitely had an increase in the number of times ive died to wail, its managing to deal just barely enough chip damage to me a lot of the time
it's not a special you'd build a comp around but its definitely not a bad special. i think the reason you dont see it is because the weapons that have wail are competing with similar weapons that are more favoured in the current meta. neo sploosh and nova just aren't great, 52 you see a decent amount because its just a strong main+sub combo, bamboo is definitely viable in the right hands, you just wouldnt really want to run it in the same comp as a pencil, stringer is struggling and is competing with pencil for backline, and brush is in a similar spot to 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom