• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on the Octobrush, now that we're used to it

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
Wanted to open up some new discussion for this weapon. Now that we have a new inkbrush, some newer and more focused-on weapons are out, and we've had some time to develop out initial impressions with it.

To hear my thoughts, I had a chat in a video about the Octobrush recently. It pretty much sums up how I feel.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I like the Octobrush. It's a nice weapon for supporting your team, between the brushing speed letting you get around fairly quickly, Squid Beakons for getting your team to nice spots (or jumping to them yourself to escape trouble, or maybe as shields when you're on the Tower; I haven't had too much success with that last idea, but it could work), and Kraken for escaping from enemies, but it also has respectable offensive capabilities, with its fairly strong swings that have alright range (especially to the sides, though not so much forward) and speed (it's not Inkbrush speed, but still decent), Squid Beakons for getting your teammates back into the fight after being splatted (or yourself), and Kraken for ambushing enemies (not so much for attacking when you've been spotted, that probably won't work out), and some small evasive ability by running with the brush down, which isn't quite Inkbrush speed but is still pretty fast. It's pretty good, I feel.
However, it (or at least, the way I use it) relies on your teammates being good at Splatoon, which isn't always guaranteed in the solo queue. Also, it lacks a means for dealing with Chargers and Rollers outside of the Kraken, which isn't good.
Still, it's one I frequently use, and my favorite weapon at the moment (the yet-to-be-released Zink Mini Splatling looks like it might get that spot in the future, though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom