Thoughts on the paintbrush?

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
Anybody had time to try the new weapon out today?

I played a few rounds with it, and it seems to have a really different play style that I find very interesting. The normal roller method of covering large swatches of land just by moving doesn't really seem to work due to the small coverage area. On the other hand, it moves so quickly that I found myself able to cut right through enemy territory, and get in close for an attack. It feels way more offensive than the normal rollers.

I'm getting killed pretty frequently with it, but I also think it's super cool. What do the rest of you think of it?

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
It's an assassin weapon. It also covers some decent ground if you know how to paint with it.

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
It really reminds me of the Scout class from TF2. A very quick, almost slippery playstyle meant for getting kills. I think I'll mainly be using the Ink Brush in both Ranked and Turf War.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
i absolutely LOVE it
2/3 of my favorite weapons used to be rollers anyway (nr. 1: 52. gal deco; nr. 2: dynamo roller; nr. 3: krak on roller) so you could say..i'm quite fond of roller weapons and this one is just perfect for my prefered play style namely sneaky-assassin.
i also like that you can cover alot of ground real fast aswell as climb up walls way faster than with the other rollers.

it really seems like it's the roller version of the aerospray

Dread

Inkling
NNID
Seevea
not a fan of it honestly, it has a very specific range it needs to be at to kill. I think it just depends a lot on playstyle however; I see people tend to go either like 1-9 or 12-1 with it lol

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
I'm very good with it.I've gotten around 800+ points in Turf War with it once.The key is to spread ink by flinging the brush around and to sneak up on enemies and make it harder for them to hit you if they try to kill you(in other words,jump like a maniac).

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Now that I've had a lot of hands-on time with the Ink Brush, I'm definitely maining it.
It really gives you a lot of mobility, and whenever I encounter an opponent with a Splattershot, 50% of the time I can get away by splatting and jumping away. I'd say it's definitely one of the tougher weapons to master, but I've been consistently getting 1300+ with it in Turf War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom