Blasters v. Splatterguns

• They are the same!

• They are different classes!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jpmrocks

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jpmrocks
So, I have reason to believe that Splatoon has actually 4 base weapon types, not three. Why? Splattergun stats. So, rollers' stats are Range, Ink Speed, and Handling. Chargers have Range, Charge Speed, and Mobility. Now splatterguns have two different stats, Range, Damage, and Fire Rate, and Range, Impact, and Fire Rate. If they're the same weapon class, why would they have a different stat, Damage to Impact?
"Damage" splattershots are the squelchers, splattershots, and Gals. They have the rapid firing SMG/Uzi style.
"Impact" splattershots are blasters, rapid and deco. They have the slow, exploding shots.
More or less, I'm just fishing for answers. Do ya'll think Blasters and Splattershots are the same class, or are they distinct enough to be different classes?

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I feel that there is some distinction between regular "shooter" type weapons and "blasters", but I would hesitate to regard blasters as a separate class. The reason for this is the lack of blasters in the game-only the blaster, blaster custom, the rapid blaster and (soon) the rapid blaster deco. Until there are more blasters I think they should be grouped under the catch-all shooter class.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I have the strategy guide, and it classifies the Blaster, Rapid Blaster, Custom Blaster and Rapid Blaster Deco as Blaster weapons, and it classifies the Splattershots, Splattershot Jrs, Splattershot Pros, Jet Squelchers, Dual Squelcher, .52 and .96 Gals and Aerosprays as Rapid weapons, and it classifies Chargers as Charger weapons, and Rollers as Roller weapons.
Based on that, I think there's four weapon types.

jpmrocks

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jpmrocks
I have the strategy guide, and it classifies the Blaster, Rapid Blaster, Custom Blaster and Rapid Blaster Deco as Blaster weapons, and it classifies the Splattershots, Splattershot Jrs, Splattershot Pros, Jet Squelchers, Dual Squelcher, .52 and .96 Gals and Aerosprays as Rapid weapons, and it classifies Chargers as Charger weapons, and Rollers as Roller weapons.
Based on that, I think there's four weapon types.
Also, can you scan/take pics of dat, pls?

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
So... Five different class types then? Blasters, Rapids, Chargers, Rollers, and we're assuming Brushes?
That would make sense, adding a new class for a weapon that unique. If they can do it for Blasters...
Also, can you scan/take pics of dat, pls?
I could take a few pics, but I don't have anywhere to upload them. Do you know any places for that?

jpmrocks

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jpmrocks
That would make sense, adding a new class for a weapon that unique. If they can do it for Blasters...

I could take a few pics, but I don't have anywhere to upload them. Do you know any places for that?
Imgur is a really fast and easy place to post images, I personally use it for all forum going.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Imgur is a really fast and easy place to post images, I personally use it for all forum going.
Alright, I could get those up later today (it's like 1AM here), I'll edit them into this post when I've got them (or just make a new one if I can't edit this one for whatever reason).
EDIT: This link is a few pics of one of each weapon type (Rapid/Charger/Roller/Blaster) from the strategy guide. If it isn't working, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.
http://imgur.com/a/YruPn

Last edited:

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Officially ; there is three weapon type.

But I prefer to separate between six type: Squattershot serie (incl. aerospray and jet) ; Gal serie ; blaster serie ; roller ; Charger and inkbrush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom