• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Tick Rate for Splatoon 2

Aromaiden

Full Squid
I've been meaning to ask about the current state of the Tick Rate in Splatoon 2. Apparently, it's only at 16hz, putting it below even the original Splatoon's 25hz and be far below that of other Competitive Shooters, etc. I was just wondering if the devs had said anything about possibly improving it, or if there's a chance they'll do so in the future? Since they keep on pushing the game in the competitive scene with tournaments, it would awful for this to be a factor that holds it back.

Did they not do so with the original Splatoon?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
The main reason for it is too give players with a bad internet connection a good expierence.
Or better said it looks like a good expirence, lag is generally covered up a bit but the game sometimes can’t calculate all shots in time wich creates lag-looking situations. (Since portabilty leads to worse connections, they probably had that in mind)
If they ever improve it i dunno, but i can see it happen especially since they gonna charge for playing online.
And yes, they increased the rate of splat 1 through an update iirc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom