• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tips for Slosher/Inkbrush

Hotaru

Inkling
NNID
-
Hello I just started playing the Inkbrush & Slosher mainly in both regular & ranked matches, but I'm still not sure about my gear.
Right now, I'm mostly using gear with ink recovery and ink saver (main) but what do you guys I should try to get for a good Inkbrush or Slosher build? Should I try to get some Damage up ?

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
With the INKBRUSH, The best Main abilities are Cold-Blooded/Ninja Squid and Ink Resistance. The Ink Savers are great for economy of inktank management, and Damage Up does slightly improve your odds of successful ambush. Another vital ability for Brush users is Swim Speed Up, because swimming does get you around faster, refills your ink tank, and can be used to manuver more effectively into a flanking position.

For the SLOSHER, Damage Up is less important because your bucket spray is pretty much a guaranteed 2HKO, but it WILL make your Burst Bomb subs do better splash damage. Ink Saver Sub and Bomb Range Up will make your subweapons extra dangerous.

Hotaru

Inkling
NNID
-
yes I should read some of the threads here. So many nice people sharing tutorials & advices.
Playing with the brush is pretty much fun , but I still need improvement. I think I can find lots of good information here. Thank you again!

WesFX

Inkling
NNID
wesfx7
I'd say at least one Damage Up (1 Main or 3 Sub) is a must for both. It helps the Inkbrush splat more reliably, though ultimately you shouldn't be offensive with the Inkbrush (I'm not a fan of the Nouveau in that way) so it's just there when the opportunity presents itself. It helps improve Burst Bombs for the Slosher, which makes the Slosh-then-Burst/Burst-then-Slosh combo more reliable, and will let your bombs score splats more often.

Though the Inkbrush and Slosher are especially interesting weapons to learn, their Subs are also really important, and not so easy to master. The Sprinkler has an obvious use for coverage, but it can be used very defensively with some clever placement. The Burst Bomb is great for checking enemy turf for hiding opponents; the range is really big, even if the damage is peanuts. I'm still learning the Ink Mine, though I bet it could be the Inkbrush Nouveau's best chance at getting splats.

I like Bomb Range Up for the Slosher, to get those opponents that out range you off your back for the moment. Sub Saver for your Sprinkler is very helpful.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd say at least one Damage Up (1 Main or 3 Sub) is a must for both. It helps the Inkbrush splat more reliably, though ultimately you shouldn't be offensive with the Inkbrush (I'm not a fan of the Nouveau in that way) so it's just there when the opportunity presents itself. It helps improve Burst Bombs for the Slosher, which makes the Slosh-then-Burst/Burst-then-Slosh combo more reliable, and will let your bombs score splats more often.

Though the Inkbrush and Slosher are especially interesting weapons to learn, their Subs are also really important, and not so easy to master. The Sprinkler has an obvious use for coverage, but it can be used very defensively with some clever placement. The Burst Bomb is great for checking enemy turf for hiding opponents; the range is really big, even if the damage is peanuts. I'm still learning the Ink Mine, though I bet it could be the Inkbrush Nouveau's best chance at getting splats.

I like Bomb Range Up for the Slosher, to get those opponents that out range you off your back for the moment. Sub Saver for your Sprinkler is very helpful.
The NOVEAU's Ink Mines are amazing for deterring backstabs from sneaky Carbon Roller ninja, denying vantage points from snipers, booby-trapping choke points and Towers, and so on. Used right, it can harrass, ambush, and deny.

Jaden Yang

Inkling
NNID
ethankyang
I totally agree! Most people are idiots and just slosh everywhere! Try to stay in one spot and ink around you, build, and you'll be dominant!

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
For slosher, getting used with its range and "splashing in arc" can turn you in a very reliable partner. Remember your main weapon can be a threat even to opponents hidden behind boxes or walls, this can be perfect when dealing on 1x1 against shooting weapons.

I know it's pretty general but seek well the map on each mode, you can stay on points that disrupt enemy team strategy. If you need more tips PM me, I'm also rank S as normal Slosher. :)

The Meme Lord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gravityfallsboy
I play all brushes, except the Inkbrush Noveau, because I hate the Noveau, so I might have a place in this conversation. Damage Up is a go-to ability for my brushes, since every brush swipe counts toward a kill, and a 4-5 kill can be ruined by Defense Up. If you want to play an INKBRUSH, play the Permabrush. Splat Bombs are reliable for long range kills that the brush can't reach and the Kraken is more of a panic button than anything. If you want to play a BRUSH TYPE WEAPON, then go with the Octobrush Noveau. Splat Bombs for the same reasons as the Permabrush, and the Inkzooka is perfect for taking out those pesky snipers who always out-range you. The best way to Inkbrush is to be a hidden assassin that only peeks to kill. Or you can play inker with the Vanilla Inkbrush. Hope this helped!

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
I use Bomb Range up for on inkbrushes for the same reason WesFx stated, also with more Bomb Range up you can ink hard to reach places. Multiple Bomb Range ups is a must for the Sloshing Machine. Swim Speed up is good for inkbrushes, as well as Opening Gambit. However, if you going to focus on inking turf with the inkbrush, Tenacity is a better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom