Tips for Sniping?

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I'm a Kelp/Bento Splatterscope main, but I am having a lot of difficulty sniping on this stage. I am having trouble finding anywhere to just stand and snipe because most areas are easily accessible to all weapons. I am also having trouble finding spots that encompass a large area of the map, just because of all the obstacles on the map. Do you guys have any prefered sniping locations? Or are you forced to move around on this stage?

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I'm not a sniper myself, but I would recommend just standing on the main bridge to snipe and moving a bit when needed/wanted.
*Shrugs* I don't know, you're most likely a way better charger user than I am. :) Hope I at least helped a bit.

P.S. If you're planning on moving a lot, run-speed up is vital.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Hadn't considered run speed up! Thanks for the tip!
Also, I've tried standing on the bridge. It's honestly more suited for E-Liters because of their range. I have to get in closer to splat people.
I'm not a sniper myself, but I would recommend just standing on the main bridge to snipe and moving a bit when needed/wanted.
*Shrugs* I don't know, you're most likely a way better charger user than I am. :) Hope I at least helped a bit.

P.S. If you're planning on moving a lot, run-speed up is vital.

HTLNBLNG

Inkling
NNID
GalaxyFight11
First of all, I'd recommend picking up a non-scoped charger on this stage: while the lessened range is not very helpful, the extra field of view is amazing for easily spotting attempts to flank and kill you.
For spots, I'd do as Zapfish said and stay on your part of the mesh bridge. The good part of this is, as long as you have good aim, it is incredibly easy to stop Rainmaker advances and Tower pushes, as all approaching you are forced to run, instead of swim. Another benefit of the bridge is the fact that you can shoot below you, which helps immensely.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
First of all, I'd recommend picking up a non-scoped charger on this stage: while the lessened range is not very helpful, the extra field of view is amazing for easily spotting attempts to flank and kill you.
For spots, I'd do as Zapfish said and stay on your part of the mesh bridge. The good part of this is, as long as you have good aim, it is incredibly easy to stop Rainmaker advances and Tower pushes, as all approaching you are forced to run, instead of swim. Another benefit of the bridge is the fact that you can shoot below you, which helps immensely.
Thanks for the advice! I'm trying to learn the E-Liter 3K right now, and it looks like that is the best option for this stage, as I cannot use a Splat Charger. Which abilities would you recommend for this tactic?

HTLNBLNG

Inkling
NNID
GalaxyFight11
Thanks for the advice! I'm trying to learn the E-Liter 3K right now, and it looks like that is the best option for this stage, as I cannot use a Splat Charger. Which abilities would you recommend for this tactic?
For the E-Liter 3k, there are several abilities you can focus on: namely Damage up (as it decreases the amount of charge time you need to score a kill, as well as boosting damage of burst bombs if you do elect to use the regular E-liter), Ink Recovery (as you'll be needing a lot of ink to fire) and (optional) Cold Blooded. (gives you the element of surprise in sniper duels and does not give away your positions)

Some gear I recommend to obtain these abilities are the White Headband (ink recovery with a high chance of rolling damage up subs), the Part-Time Pirate (damage up with a high chance of ink recovery subs), and the Cyan Trainers (damage up with a high chance of ink recovery subs).
If you would like to implement cold blooded, obtain the Anchor Sweat (high chance of damage up subs) or the Sky-Blue Squideye (high chance of ink recovery).

Happy sniping!

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
For the E-Liter 3k, there are several abilities you can focus on: namely Damage up (as it decreases the amount of charge time you need to score a kill, as well as boosting damage of burst bombs if you do elect to use the regular E-liter), Ink Recovery (as you'll be needing a lot of ink to fire) and (optional) Cold Blooded. (gives you the element of surprise in sniper duels and does not give away your positions)

Some gear I recommend to obtain these abilities are the White Headband (ink recovery with a high chance of rolling damage up subs), the Part-Time Pirate (damage up with a high chance of ink recovery subs), and the Cyan Trainers (damage up with a high chance of ink recovery subs).
If you would like to implement cold blooded, obtain the Anchor Sweat (high chance of damage up subs) or the Sky-Blue Squideye (high chance of ink recovery).

Happy sniping!
Thanks for the great tips! Do you have any of these (so I could maybe order from you)?

HTLNBLNG

Inkling
NNID
GalaxyFight11
Thanks for the great tips! Do you have any of these (so I could maybe order from you)?
Unfortunately, no. I play the Custom E-Liter most of the time, so I use the Squash Headband (quick super jump works well with the beakons), and the Plum Casuals (swim speed is good for kraken) I obtained the Part-Time Pirate, but my luck has not been good, and it has inoptimal subs. Sorry!

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Unfortunately, no. I play the Custom E-Liter most of the time, so I use the Squash Headband (quick super jump works well with the beakons), and the Plum Casuals (swim speed is good for kraken) I obtained the Part-Time Pirate, but my luck has not been good, and it has inoptimal subs. Sorry!
That's fine.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
This stage just isn't a good sniping stage what with it's many walkways, turns and cover and blockades. I'd reccommend sticking to the Splatterscope over the E-Liter as you'll likely need to roam and move around a lot especially in solo queue.

There are a lot of vantage points in this map, very few of them are desirable. The safest and efficient one one would be the snipe(the rightmost section that looks like a W turned 45 degrees), but this only gives you view over the right sections of your area. If you need to snipe for the left side you can head to your cubby(the area to your left that's mostly walled off) but this gives very little view over the area. Bear in mind both of these areas can be accessed from your back plat(the big pillar connecting with the grated bridge) So if the enemy can reach that both of these vantage points become unsafe.

The rest of the map has a lot of vantage points (the ramp, the two front plats) but they have so many flanking points you have to sit in secured territory otherwise you'll easily be shot. As i said, it's the least charger-friendly map out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom