• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Tips on Range Blaster

SpeedyGamer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedyGamer48
I feel like I have ran into a wall with Range Blaster. Sure, I'm S+ (average) 1, but I don't know how to ascend higher. So, I wants some tips such as important abilities, strategies, and things like that. I appreciate it!

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
All I can really provide is secondhand knowledge, because I'm currently stuck in a rut with the Ranged Blaster as well.

ThatOneGuy did a pretty good Blaster guide that covers the Ranged Blaster and Blasters in general. It's in the Guide section of the forums.

I also watch Sendou's streams when they're available (usually Saturday afternoon). He's a really good player who primarily uses Blasters. He uses the Ranged Blaster more than anything.

I wish I could provide firsthand advice, but I don't get directs that often, and getting rushed down is instant death for me.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I'm in the same boat (a mid-tier S+ player) I use range blaster and chargers. I watch Sendou on youtube and team olive stuff. Other players like rocketek as well. It's to my understanding that swim speed is great, in recovery, (it takes forever to start getting ink so you want to get as much out of it when you actually do), bomb defense, etc. I use comeback, ink saver main, swim speed, bomb defense, and a couple subs of ink recov. I don't remember exactly how it's all configured though. Coming from a support role (chargers) I tend to struggle with getting out there but I see a lot of people just sharking everybody. It's a slayer weapon and I have good aim so directs aren't too difficult for me (probably the most important skill to have).

TLDR: It's a slaying weapon, terrible at turfing so kills are your way of coverage. Use basic movement and close-range survival abilities (To my understanding)

I try to replicate this as much as I can to be better at the range blaster, but then again I'm just an average S+ player so I'm still working on it myself

EDIT: If you can't get directs then that's the first step. Directs fuel the insane gameplay you see professionals do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom