a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/They
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
main a weapon that you think is good. watch your replays and build a strategy over time, and DEFINITELY stay out of controversy if you wanna hit it big. but as for now... i would try looking for teammates in your own team to spar with, or do hide and seek (trust me, it's tactical.) build trust with your teammates and make strategies for maps, brainstorm a little.

Tree

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-3523-5844-5506
You can find tournaments in a number of ways, one way is to add the feed from this server https://discord.gg/CbM6bHH (Splatoon Competitive Feed) to a discord server for your team and it will link you to different tourneys that you can play in (those tourneys should have instructions on how to sign up, but generally you join the discord for the tourney, sign up on a website like battlefy (the links will be in the server), whoever is the captain adds all the team (doesnt have to be the actual captain, just whoevers managing the team on the website), everyone makes sure they have there IGN in the system (and splashtag number; many ppl forget that one), and then you check in a little bit before the tourney). the TOs will seed you and you will match against teams!

I will note as you seem to be low ranked (if your signature is accurate) most tourneys are ranked modes only and most players in tourneys are S+, so i would go into tourneys expecting to be out of your depth. If you are interested, they are harder to find and less frequent but there are tourneys with low skill caps (Under Pressure has one that is capped to A rank but you have to enter alone) if you are willing to find them.

good luck and I hope you have fun competing! Its very fun :) I need to play more tourneys when i get time

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Hey! I've been playing different competitive games since I was like 10 years old, so for most of my life at this point. Kinda insane to think about. Might drop more stuff here later but I didn't sleep great last night so I can't think of much at the moment.

It may sound really obvious, but try to keep in mind that it is still ultimately just a hobby. For a lot of people it can be very easy to fall into the trap of putting way too much importance on how you do at one tournament or expecting yourself to get better unreasonably fast or something else like that. You'd be surprised but there's a lot of people who spend basically every waking second complaining about one thing or another with games like this. Don't let yourself stick around people like that for too long since it can be really damaging to both your mental and how you view the game as a whole. If you ever feel like you stop having fun with the game then take a break or try something new to spice things up for yourself.

Either way I don't know if I've seen a team completely form out of nothing during my time on SquidBoards yet. I'd love to see how you all's progress goes, let me know if GG ever gets a Discord server!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom