Tip's To win?

D

Deleted Member

Hey so I just got to -A and wanted to know some good tips and tricks for any ranked mode. Like what weapon to use what gear, stuff like that. Thanks

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
as a fellow A- ranker, I'd say that you always want to have Ink Resistance and Cold-Blooded.
Cold-Blooded's usefulness is just insane: if you're echolocated, you're only visible for about 3 seconds. this is very useful not only in evading enemies, but it can potentially throw them off guard if they assume you're still visible on radar. it's also worth mentioning that this extends to point locators, essentially putting the Forge SSP out of a sub. however, this does not extend to disruptors: you'll still be visible if you're pinned by one of them.
Ink Resistance is also very helpful: when standing in enemy ink, you'll get damaged far, far slower. I just cannot tell you how many fights I've won with this ability: without it, you're dead meat the second you end up in enemy territory.

as for tips, I don't have that many. however, you should always check your gamepad. for starters, it allows you to track enemy ink, as well as the enemy making said ink if they try and over-extend.
secondly, it gives a massive boost to the Echolocator: while on the TV, all you can see are general directions pointing to an enemy, the gamepad flat-out shows you their location.

finally, don't forget about secondary abilities, especially if you have multiple pieces of gear with the same main ability. for instance: I've got three items with Cold-Blooded, yet of those three, the one I use the most is the anchor sweat, due to its high chance of getting all three slots with Damage Up. on the same routes, don't throw a piece of gear away if it only has one or two of the same secondary abilities: one of my main setups consists of my shiny Red Hi-Tops, (3 Swim Speed Up subs), my Retro Gamer Jacket, (2 SSU subs), and my Camo Mesh (SSU main, with one sub). 3 subs are equal to one main ability, and this setup gives me the equivalent of 3 main SSU's without having to ditch ink resist or Quick Respawn.
all in all, it's worthwhile going through your inventory to see what works, and don't be afraid to switch it up if you feel the need.

Last edited:

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
Two of the most important things you can do to rank up (especially in solo) is to play smart so you stay alive and focus the objective. Too many people are trading all day long. If you're on my team, I don't care if you got 20 kills if you also died 20 times. Be smart. Don't rush into fights that you won't come out of alive. Then you'll be alive and well to focus the objective. You have to do this because sometimes you'll be put on teams that will just straight up seem like they don't know what the objective is.

As far as weapons and gear goes, that's a long list, and it depends on what you play already. Really just go with what you're comfortable with. For me, the .96 Gal Deco has let me carry teams very well. It's an all around solid weapon and it never hurts to have walls. But, yeah, you'd have to tell me what weapons you do use already for me to give you more advice there.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
Be good.

In slightly more seriousness, one thing I'd very much recommend is leaving your ranked lobby if someone really stood out in the last game, whether they stood out for being great or horrible. If you genuinely believe you deserve a better rank then you should want pretty fair lobbies, not one in which the winner is decided by who get's the failure/pro. I left excessively in my climb through A and A+ and they were a breeze.
Additionally, in A ranks, people will actually listen to you saying "Come on" and jump to you, at least often enough. You should take this to your advantage. Especially in Tower Control, because I fully believing getting 2 people on the tower at once is ideal.
Pretty much everyone I know personally has decided you shouldn't twin/tri/quad if you want to get your rank up.

When it comes to weapons, you really shouldn't pick one based on a recommendation, you should try out every weapon and see what you do best with. Though I would recommend trying out longer range weapons first, as they give you a nice advantage. The .96 is pretty widely used and recommended. I'd also recommend the splattershot pro which I feel is under rated, though you may need ink saver abilities if you go with that.
It's hard to recommend gear abilities without knowing which weapon you plan on using. I guess a rule of thumb would be
-Blasters: Stack on damage ups and quick respawn times
-Chargers: Stack on damage ups and ink recovery ups
-Splattershot-esque weapons: Movement abilities plus pretty much whatever you want
Supposedly Defense Ups are gonna have a come up, so they're an option as well.

D

Deleted Member

Thanks for all the tips but any thing that I should know about using the splash o matic cause that is the weapon I like to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom