Tips, Tricks, and Minor Techs

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Hey guys! Haven't been on quite as much, due to the launch of the game. After over almost 24 hours of playing, I have some tips and tricks for you all. One tip I have for you is to use your ink to its fullest. Not only to shoot your opponents and cover ground, but hide in it, and use it to trick your enemies. another tip is to use your subs! Grenades are very good, and there are a lot of minor techs concerning them. One I found is throwing them while jumping forward. You can even just short hop barely forward. This will make your throw a bit stronger. A tech found by wiley in the testfire was throwing grenades at the lip of a slope below to get it on top. If you stand on a slope and do the same, it will bounce forward a good distance. This is good for Arowana Mall when trying to get into enemy spawn. Speaking of which, thats another tip. Going to enemy spawn can be great for your team, but don't go in ink 'a blazin'. Try to sneak in, either by an alternate path, or sneakswim. But make sure you have a couple teammates to defend your own spawn! Another minor tech concerns walls. If you rotate the stick while in a wall, you will slowly move down. This can be good for hiding and ambushing when enemies are just around the corner. Just rotate to slowly fall, move up a bit, repeat. One final small tech is shift falling. Its just a slower alternative to shift canceling slopes, but slower, making it obsolete, but I thought I'd share. after full jumping in squid form, release ZL, immediately hold down ZL abain to squid. This will make you fast fall. While shift canceling is much better for slopes, shift falling could be good for juking opponents. Thats pretty much it, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
One final tip! Don't underestimate specials. They are all very useful and powerful, especially the bubbler and kraken.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
So I discovered a new shift tech! Shift Landing! When you land in ink in squid form, it takes a quick second to start swimming. You can swim right away by shifting when you land. Another tip I'd like to give is holding ZL for superjump. You could potentially swim away if there are opponents waiting for you to land.

Tepip

Inkster Jr.
In urchin underpass make sure to take the side paths as they are usally forgotten and make an easy ambush for chargers.

Colgate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
Neat stuff. This game seems to have so much potential for ATs due to the shifting mechanic xD

Peppermint

Inkling
The Killer Wail is good for baiting other players into your ink. When it is used they will frantically try to get out of the way without shooting anything. You can use this to your advantage and shoot them while they try to escape.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nice tips, especially this:
Another tip I'd like to give is holding ZL for superjump. You could potentially swim away if there are opponents waiting for you to land.
None of the things you said are "techs" though

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Nice tips, especially this:

None of the things you said are "techs" though
Yeah not really I guess lol, but applications of shift canceling
Also if you shift cancel with the super jump, it works much better than just holding ZL and swimming.

Vega

Inkling
Cool tips but next time you should organize them better. It felt a little overwhelming to be thrown tip after tip in one big paragraph imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom