• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

To help promote Squidboards, do you think sponsoring Splatoon tournaments is a good idea?

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I'm not an owner or moderator of this site in any way to start with. But I like this board and I think it's a great resource for all things Splatoon, and I would like to see it eventually become the go-to hub for the series. That's why I'm just posing this question (suggestion?) to whoever runs this site. I don't think it would hurt at worst, and at best it could increase visibility for Squidboards. What does everyone else think?

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I think it makes sense, I've seen smaller Smash Esports teams get more attention by sponsoring tournaments and if I remember correctly, Smashboards used to do the same for bigger tournaments so I don't see why it couldn't help Squidboards. I guess the main issue would be if the people in charge of the site would think it's worth spending money on.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I think that'd be really good to make the site more visible yeah! Getting linked to sendou ink would be great too but that'd take a lot of work to implement yare yare

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
that would be really cool
unfortunately I'm pretty sure Nintendo's tournament guidelines have something to say about this

Screenshot 2024-03-20 11.02.34 AM.png

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
It's a cool idea in theory, but not only is there the guideline that Squib brought up, but also... Squidboards doesn't bring in enough money to be doling out sponsors. Don't get me wrong, as a community, players and tournament organisers can (and should) promote the platform, but it's not practical for Squidboards as an organisation to be sponsoring things directly.
Honestly, I'm sure a good amount of competitive players in the community would do it if an admin from Squidboards just... asked nicely. The community is like that.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
The way I see it, it wouldn't be free but actually mutually beneficial for both sides. If Squidboards were allowed to sponsor tournaments, that could help increase visibility for this site. Tournament organizers and teams could potentially use it to recruit or promote themselves. Dapple Productions' YT channel only has a little over a thousand subscribers. I know there's already stuff like Discord and Reddit and things like that, but as far as I know, Squidboards is the only dedicated Splatoon resource site that I know of, or at least the biggest.

Pronouns
Mud/Kip
NNID
CodGod76
Switch Friend Code
SW-6803-9784-3105
I don't think Squid Boards should sponsor anything but, we should push more people to use the site because it isn't just reserved for people on a specific discord server. The more information out there about the game, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom