• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Too few Splatoon 2 guides and data

Pandamonium

Inkling
NNID
Warss89
Guys, I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like there are much, MUCH less guides and information tables for splatoon 2 then there are for splatoon 1. Why the heck is that? Isn't Splatoon 2 selling more AND is on a much more cherished console?

I mean, really, count how many weapon and strategy guides there are for splatoon 1 here in Squidboards, and then search for weapon guides for splatoon 2...or ability guides, or gear guides, or map callouts, or mode analysis, or even really simple data like tables that say how much exp you win per match in each rank of ranked mode, or really anything about the game's point system and mechanics.

Some of these things do exist for splatoon 2,but they are so few and far between, and sometimes hard to find really. Sometimes some questions that should be on a wikia or in a guide are only found in game faqs threads with barely complete answers. I don't know guys, am I missing something? What is going on with the community in splatoon 2?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The problem with guides is that they will eventually get outdated, and when the creator doesn't feel like updating it anymore it'll just decay with a bunch of outdated info. Splatoon (and especially 2)'s meta is everchanging with every patch, meaning that with every patch guides will have to be re-written to feature the latest new strategies and that doesn't happen for the most part. That, and the guides section got less active over time as people could find more relevant info elsewhere.

Additionally, while there used to be a lot of tournament players back in 2015 who were reliable sources of info, for the most part they all went inactive or straight-up left the site. Nowadays, the majority of them have moved on to the discord server Inkademy which you can find here:
You can find the link in the video description. If you got questions, you'll likely get your answers there.

Pandamonium

Inkling
NNID
Warss89
The problem with guides is that they will eventually get outdated, and when the creator doesn't feel like updating it anymore it'll just decay with a bunch of outdated info. Splatoon (and especially 2)'s meta is everchanging with every patch, meaning that with every patch guides will have to be re-written to feature the latest new strategies and that doesn't happen for the most part. That, and the guides section got less active over time as people could find more relevant info elsewhere.

Additionally, while there used to be a lot of tournament players back in 2015 who were reliable sources of info, for the most part they all went inactive or straight-up left the site. Nowadays, the majority of them have moved on to the discord server Inkademy which you can find here:
You can find the link in the video description. If you got questions, you'll likely get your answers there.
Thanks! So that is what I was missing hahaha. I liked the amount of squidboards's guides and info the wikia had (which it doesn't have as much for splatoon 2), but oh well, things change with time. Guess I will have to get used to use the discord server to get info. Thanks though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom