• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Top Five Most Inked Weapons?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
...Yeah, Dynamo used to be a distant fourth, and then I figured out there were some games/maps I couldn't win with short-range stuff. So I used it a lot more!
That is exactly why I hate Museum. I want to use the Neo Splash, but it just doesn't have enough range when Dynamos and Eliters are camping on the platforms. I mean, I LIKE using the CJS (as you can see from my top 5), but sometimes I just want to go Neo Splash...but not when Museum is in rotation...

Scootch

Full Squid
NNID
Little_Dragon34
upload_2016-6-6_14-1-41.png

Working on maxing out my Tentatek. Still have a long ways to go, but I am trying to master this weapon!

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
For the weapons I've used on my 2nd account (first one got deleted):
1. Berry Splattershot Pro
2. Tentatek Splatterhot
3. Heavy Splatling Deco
4. Custom E-Liter 3K Scope
5. Kelp Splatterscope

Ink values are really low.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I'll do this in blocks, I think.
Ahh, bucket puritanism. I never use the SM for Ranked on my main account, but it's my present project on my alt, where I'm playing pretty reasonably in S with that weapon; trying to bring my play with that up to S+ standard. I also love using it in Splatfests. As one sees, I've inked almost exactly the same amount with the Tri alone as with all three classic buckets. But that means that I've had pretty much the same amount of practice with both weapon types!
Last of the 100k buckets. Then we have a relic of my experimental days, the H-3 D... I played a lot with that, although I oddly hardly remember doing so. It was fun, definitely. The Junior was one of my main weapons originally, so that's no great surprise; I might take it up again. The Tri Nouveau is lovely but, but... I can't justify the set except for on a small number of RM maps. It'd get more use if not for the two-map rotation. And, lastly, first of the Splatlings in very close succession.
I always found it cute that I stopped using the Heavy just after scraping 40k. One sees that I've actually played Splatlings a fair amount, compared to other weapons. Otherwise, the CRB is on the rise; given how little it inks per battle and how recently I picked up blasters in general, it's clear that I use it in the great majority of TC rotations.

v0idStrike_squid-kid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dlb456network
Custom E-Liter 3k: 519,874
Splash O Matic: 144,643
Octobrush: 138,991
Custom Splash O Matic: 65,976
L3 Nozzlenose: 31,017

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'll do this in blocks, I think.
Ahh, bucket puritanism. I never use the SM for Ranked on my main account, but it's my present project on my alt, where I'm playing pretty reasonably in S with that weapon; trying to bring my play with that up to S+ standard. I also love using it in Splatfests. As one sees, I've inked almost exactly the same amount with the Tri alone as with all three classic buckets. But that means that I've had pretty much the same amount of practice with both weapon types!
Last of the 100k buckets. Then we have a relic of my experimental days, the H-3 D... I played a lot with that, although I oddly hardly remember doing so. It was fun, definitely. The Junior was one of my main weapons originally, so that's no great surprise; I might take it up again. The Tri Nouveau is lovely but, but... I can't justify the set except for on a small number of RM maps. It'd get more use if not for the two-map rotation. And, lastly, first of the Splatlings in very close succession.
I always found it cute that I stopped using the Heavy just after scraping 40k. One sees that I've actually played Splatlings a fair amount, compared to other weapons. Otherwise, the CRB is on the rise; given how little it inks per battle and how recently I picked up blasters in general, it's clear that I use it in the great majority of TC rotations.
Hey, what build do you recommend for the Tri-Slosher? I just now decided that a character of mine (Blue Ringed Octoling) is going to use it, and I have no idea what would be a good build.
EDIT: I'll make a second account and post the top 5 one of these days

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Hey, what build do you recommend for the Tri-Slosher? I just now decided that a character of mine (Blue Ringed Octoling) is going to use it, and I have no idea what would be a good build.
Good! Always nice to have more love for the Tri. I, uh, wear :head_cap006::clothes_swt000::shoes_shi004:, so theoretically 6 Mains' worth of :ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed: (Main-Subs, in clothing order). A little Damage can make sense, and some people like Ink Resistance, so you could replace one of the ink efficiencies or Swim Speeds with that. An alternate build resembling what I see on a lot of Juniors would replace ink efficiency with Special Charge (and Tenacity), but I dunno, doesn't seem to work as well for the bucket.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Good! Always nice to have more love for the Tri. I, uh, wear :head_cap006::clothes_swt000::shoes_shi004:, so theoretically 6 Mains' worth of :ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed: (Main-Subs, in clothing order). A little Damage can make sense, and some people like Ink Resistance, so you could replace one of the ink efficiencies or Swim Speeds with that. An alternate build resembling what I see on a lot of Juniors would replace ink efficiency with Special Charge (and Tenacity), but I dunno, doesn't seem to work as well for the bucket.
K, thanks! :D So that's 2 Swim Speed Mains and 1 Ink Recovery Main?

Meanwhile, have like a Top 12.
image.png
image.png
I need to use these weapons more often

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Does anyone have any notion of how much turf one inks in an average Ranked Battle of every mode? I've never bothered checking (by reading off my present inked amount with the weapon I'm going to use, playing a Ranked Battle, and reading the new total inked value), but it'd give a nice impression of how many individual games I've played with my weapons, being as I play far more Ranked than TW.
K, thanks! :D So that's 2 Swim Speed Mains and 1 Ink Recovery Main?
Yes, those are the Mains and probably what I'd go for if I didn't have any gear with sensible Subs.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Does anyone have any notion of how much turf one inks in an average Ranked Battle of every mode? I've never bothered checking (by reading off my present inked amount with the weapon I'm going to use, playing a Ranked Battle, and reading the new total inked value), but it'd give a nice impression of how many individual games I've played with my weapons, being as I play far more Ranked than TW.

Yes, those are the Mains and probably what I'd go for if I didn't have any gear with sensible Subs.
You know, I never thought about that.
Also, I'm just going to casually steal your gear for Ringo (my Blue Ringed Octoling) because I have no creativity/know how for weapons I don't use (Hope you don't mind)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom