• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Top Rainmaker Weapon?

Best Weapon In Rainmaker?

• Tentatek Splattershot

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Luna Blaster Neo

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • .52 Gal Deco

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Octobrush

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Splatterscope/Kelp Splatterscope

• Slosher

• Total voters

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
Which weapon do you think is best competitively in Rainmaker? Answer in the poll or leave an answer in the comments.
(The possibilities in the poll are the best ones in my opinion)

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
If it's for competitive, then... Well don't you think teams will go with 3 to 4 different weapons, some of which are not even in this list? Anyway it's hard to talk about a single or even two best weapon(s) without talking about the maps...

A poison weapon would be good to defend, as you don't even need to kill the carrier if you hit him with it. I personnally like having at least one wail and one kraken in the team, as kraken easily prevents overtime, and wails are nice to break the shield and charge up again.

Imo it would be better to talk about comps, or not even bother at all as in the end, the choice will depend on the maps.

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
If it's for competitive, then... Well don't you think teams will go with 3 to 4 different weapons, some of which are not even in this list? Anyway it's hard to talk about a single or even two best weapon(s) without talking about the maps...

A poison weapon would be good to defend, as you don't even need to kill the carrier if you hit him with it. I personnally like having at least one wail and one kraken in the team, as kraken easily prevents overtime, and wails are nice to break the shield and charge up again.

Imo it would be better to talk about comps, or not even bother at all as in the end, the choice will depend on the maps.
Of course team composition is important, even without the "top" weapons for a specific mode, you can still win games.
A team of :wst_shot_normal01::wst_shot_expshort00:neo:wst_charge_normalscp01::wst_shot_gravity01: can't win games every time. And of course, certain maps make these
weapons easier or harder to use. But if it was a 1v1, and the map was very open, I would think these weapons may have
a slight advantage.

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
Of course team composition is important, even without the "top" weapons for a specific mode, you can still win games.
A team of :wst_shot_normal01::wst_shot_expshort00:neo:wst_charge_normalscp01::wst_shot_gravity01: can't win games every time. And of course, certain maps make these
weapons easier or harder to use. But if it was a 1v1, and the map was very open, I would think these weapons may have
a slight advantage.
Not to mention player skill and gear may also be a factor. Who has better ink efficiency? Run speed? etc. The only reason I pick these weapons are because they seem to be "made for the mode" in general, based on their sub/special.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
To be brutally honest, this list is underwhelming (to me at least)

Like there isn't even a splatling, or a roller in this list.

Not to mention where's all the weapons the community thinks is top tier?
Like the E-Liter Series, the dynamo roller, the carbon roller, the Custom Range Blaster, Custom Hydra, Zink Mini, Slosher Deco, vanilla .52 gal, custom jet squelcher, berry pro... The list goes on

It's just not enough options to truly determine what weapons are the best at Rainmaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom