TOs: We should move to have an explicit rule against glitching on Arowana Mall in tournaments

Zero Emission

Inkster Jr.
I've seen people climbed up glitched wall online. It's not broken, but definitely throws off people who are unaware and just generally a scummy way to play that was unintended.

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
If it is not broken. Then it can be dealt with. It can throw people off, but S and S+ players are smart enough to be aware of their surroundings. ( Like @CutestFish . That guy is an MVP)

It only should be banned if you're able to do it on all barriers. It's that simple really.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
the jump itself is pretty hard to do depending on situations, just make sure you have an eye on the halls on that map.

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
Playing the game using what is available to use isn't scummy.. it's not a secret. Anybody, no matter what, can do this. If people aren't aware of it, why are they competing in serious tournaments without studying and knowing the game?

Zero Emission

Inkster Jr.
It's not nearly as influential as you seem to think it is. If you're constantly being abused by it, you're bad! :D
Now, calling other players bad does not make your point anymore valid. Sure, I'm bad, you still have not contributed to the discussion

I did not say that it is influential or centralizing of a strategy. I am aware of my surrounding and I know when people are up there. The fact that I am aware and can neutralize the annoyance does not mean I want to deal with it in favor of the objective. Especially if it's the last stretch of Tower/Rainmaker, the defending team is bottlenecked rather than doing the bottlenecking, unlike every other map.

The designer's intent is important, why do you think they revamped Moray and Urchin? That is literally an indirect nerf to the E-Liter. That means all adjustment have been finetuned to promote the highest level of skills and gameplay. In TC, they put an inkable wall on the defender's left wing, that is intended as the single way to dent the opposing team up the top in order to advance the tower. If they do that to the other side, I can accept it precisely because it has been tested and is meant to be the way to play the map.

You gotta question it: why not? For example, if you bring the RM up there, You cannot be attacked from behind and not the entire team have the ability to hunt you down due to awkward positioning. Then, you can charge a shot and force a 50-50 against whoever is defending that point. Or you can just stall there until the other path is cleared or your teammates respawn. Better yet, you can bring a Kraken along and just bypass the bottleneck altogether. Pretty much the same thing apply in TC where the enemy can weaken the defense from both sides, at opposed to one (not including the tower).

Zero Emission

Inkster Jr.
People who play competitively are aware of it. Picking eliter on Moray is scummy too. Can we ban that?
Yeah, because every team without an E Liter loses am I right? Stop jumping down the center if you don't want to get sniped in midair.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
It's part of the game. IMO, it's fair until it gets patched. TOs can't stay on top of every glitch and trying to ban all of the just creates an environment where users are encouraged to keep these glitches secret until a tournament.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
The glitch is very, very minor. You may find it scummy, but it literally does nothing but allow you to get on top of the ledge, thus grants no advantages over the opposing team. Even if it did, that's no reason to have a rule against it. I would even recommend using it if it did give an advantage. No point constraining yourself over a glitch that helps you.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
It only adds depth to an otherwise mehhhh map, why would you ban it?
This.

It's really easy to do anyway. Definitely easier than the Triggerfish gap jump, too. Everyone who says different hasn't tried it seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom