Tower Control Strategies

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
I think the obvious strategy is have the person up top shoot ink below and along the trail IF ti's not already there and have a teammate sheikswim under it. When someone else jumps on it, shoot them so your team can jump back on

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
That's 3.....

What would a splattershot do in this instance? Stay with the Paint brush?
Going full assault on the enemy, they will too busy trying to get your team off he tower, so it will be easy to flank them if they are not careful enough to see anyone with splattershot type weaponry that just appears next to them.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
I've heard a few people say that the more inklings you have on the tower, the faster the tower moves. Is there any merit to this? The way I play is to keep one person on the tower and keep the rest of the team nearby to defend the tower and jump on if the person controlling the tower gets splatted. I've seen many double and triple splats on towers with a lucky bomb or inkzooka shot, so it makes sense to keep only one inkling on top, right?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I've heard a few people say that the more inklings you have on the tower, the faster the tower moves. Is there any merit to this? The way I play is to keep one person on the tower and keep the rest of the team nearby to defend the tower and jump on if the person controlling the tower gets splatted. I've seen many double and triple splats on towers with a lucky bomb or inkzooka shot, so it makes sense to keep only one inkling on top, right?
I don't think thats the case. From What I know, the tower only speeds up to get back to your previous best marker. If you had got to 25 and lost it and the tower went back to the middle. Once controlled again, it would speed up to 25 before going back to normal speed.

When overtime occurs, most players are trying to get on the tower.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I use Splash o matic in just about every mode, I like the suction bombs, but do desire another sub and special to use for different maps, seeker and shield. Anyway
for tower control I just like to support my teammates, Get around and in front of the tower putting ink on the floor or picking off players trying to get my team off the tower. I will ride the tower when the weapons in my team are not suited to riding it. But on some maps, I tend to fall off and die. I like the maps I can hop on and off when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom