• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tower Control thoughts?

DaKid

Pro Squid
This is a really interesting and unique game mode, I never seen anything like it.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Looks ****in stellar tbh, very unique looking as you said. I imagine there'll be some great moments where teams get desperate trying to snipe off the Inkling on the tower! Looking forward to it

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I heard it is similar to something in TF2. So is this like a capture the flag without holding a flag yourself?

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
It's a bit similar to the Payload game mode in TF2, which is completely fine by me because that was my favorite game mode. This has a bit more of a tug (or I guess push) of war aspect it, which could be really fun.

I was SUPER excited to hear that. In Payload, I had a fun time as a spy pretending to push but then killing everyone near the cart. Melee doesn't seem to be as strong for this for that purpose though, but I'm still super excited to play this!

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
For those who are unfamiliar: Payload

That mode is damn good fun in TF2, so I have no doubt this will be a blast as well.

Nester

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
Community Ambassador
Looking forward to it. Immediately thought of Payload and got extremely excited!

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Yeah I will want to play melee in turf war primarily but tower control will force me to play more with the other guns, which i like. I'm glad that this was shown today. Payload is what i played a lot of in TF2

Geistbox

Full Squid
Payload is one of the best TF2 modes and the fact that this is getting a variation of that is something I didn't soon expect.

I'm hyped.

DaKid

Pro Squid
Yeah, man I cannot wait for this game. Looks very interesting, Snipers will be deadly in this mode.

Sycho

Lurking in the Ink.
NNID
Sychotix23
Switch Friend Code
SW-5767-2138-7496
Oh man I cannot wait. I love payload in TF2 so this is just great to see.

thefro

Full Squid
I love Payload in TF2 and the tug of war aspect is a great twist on that.

I think this will probably be my favorite mode once it comes out.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Tower control? You mean Payload? I really cannot see how you could ever go wrong with Payload.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Looks like we'll have tons of Ranked Battle modes and only one Regular mode, but it makes sense as they want new players to try out Turf War! This new mode looks great!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I forgot the name of the Tf2 mode during the direct, but yeah it instantly reminded me of Payload and I love it!

Glad for the confirmation of another ranked mode that brings another unique twist to an already awesome game mode.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Payload and KOTH are my favorite TF2 game-modes. I'm excited. Looking at the maps it's obvious they used the design philosophy of using chokepoints and tight-corridors to provide tough spots to push through while also making player placement VITAL.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
There was a custom payload map in TF2 that I played a few years ago which had only 1 cart that could be pushed back and forth by both teams, so this is pretty much that same as that. I loved that map so much, it was pretty much the only map I played in TF2 back then. I don't know if there are any similar maps to it around now, but when I tried searching before I never found any after the only server that ran that custom map shut down.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It looks very fun, I will definitely play it often. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom