• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Tri Slosher NERFS

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
So in patch 1.3.0 the Tri Slosher got a huge nerf.

The maximum damage was changed from 62 to 52. This means that it's still a 2-hit kill, but it'll be 3-hit with falloff damage.

There's also a 9% decrease in range.

Thoughts, anyone?

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
If they patched in fallout damage then gg tri-slosher cuz it'll virtually always be a 3 hit KO instead, but I don't think they did? If it's still a 2-hit KO then it's only really the reduced range I'm concerned about. I'm gonna try it out later in some matches and see if it feels different - hopefully they didn't nerf it into oblivion and just made it balanced instead.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
There was always slosher-style falloff damage(the weapon deals less damage if the user is higher than the target) but not in the regular sense(deals less damage the further the target is away). The damage nerf will mean a 3-shot kill if the user is more than slightly above the target.

Even so, i don't think this weapon will be hurt that much. Burst cancel combo will still remain strong, and Ink Armor still suits it's aggressive playstyle. It kinda has the same problem e3k had in the first game, where it's very strong mostly because of the sub/special combo it has.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It absolutely deserved it, although I feel like they could have done a liiiiittle more to it.

CavvieKat

Inkster Jr.
I'm personally very grateful that they nerfed it. I think all the videos and social media posts about "OMG TRI-SLOSHER OP" enticed younger/less skilled players and had them abusing it a little. That could just be my personal experience, though.

Overall, I do think it'll still be a perfectly viable weapon despite the nerf. It's just a matter of who's behind the controls.

CM86

Pro Squid
And so ends the tri slosher era. It is still a good weapon, but its god powers have been stripped.

"I won't decide. The future should be decided by each and every person in the world. And so What I... No what we wish for is... A world with no Gods!"

I was thinking about the above quote while watching my switch update (you get a cookie if you know where it comes from).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom