Tri Slosher- Strategy and Gear?

Liam337

Inkling
NNID
Liam337
I've been thinking about using the tri slosher but I don't know what gear to use and what strategy to use. Any Ideas?

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I would think that the playstyle should reflect your gear choices. You got a Disruptor and Bubbler, so basically you will be an offensive supporter, near the front lines, securing stray opponents with the Disruptor. If you and/or your teammates are struggling, you have the Bubbler to shift the pressure around. The Tri-Slosher covers a wider spread of ink at the cost of range, so play cautiously in narrow pathways.

Some gear I would consider useful would have Ink Recovery Up, Special Charge Up, and Swim Speed Up. The abilities still vary depending on your playstyle and what mode you are in, as well as team composition.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I run:

Mains: Bomb Range Up (Pilot Goggles), Special Charge Up (Orange Cardigan), Ink Recovery Up (Green Hi-Tops)

Subs: Special Duration Up x3 (Pilot Goggles), Ink Saver Main x3 (Orange Cardigan), Swim Speed Up x 3 (Green Hi-Tops)

I actually run this set with pretty much anything with bombs, but it works for the Tri-Slosher

Bomb Range up is pretty useful for tagging snipers or far-off foes with Disruptors so they can't approach you, you might want to try that out. The Special affecting abilities are there because the Bubbler is dynamite, and you want it charged up as fast as possible, so maybe try those, too.

Keep moving with the Tri-Slosher, it's way more mobile than the regular Slosher and is thus less defensive. Bob and weave, flank and splat.

JoshDaBoss27

Inkster Jr.
Alright. Serious Tip time. WHEN ATTEMPTING TO USE A NEW WEAPON:
  1. Make sure it is not a nozzlenose (b/c they nerfed it into the unplayable zone)
  2. FIND. THE. WEAKNESS. Whatever is difficult or makes you vulnerable, take that and use it. Find out what abilities are good for it. EXAMPLE: If yo are considering the Sploosh-o-matic, find the weakness. Obviously, the main weakness is that it has not even half the range of the Splattershot Jr. (Splattershot Jr. has 2nd worst range in game, worst are the sploosh-o-matics). You will find out that it is a very suicidal, yet effective, weapon. Knowing that you will die a lot, you would probably choose 1. special saver, 2. quick respawn, 3. quick super jump, or 4. one of the speed-ups. EXAMPLE 2: My brother was trying to use the slosher, but he noticed that he ran out of ink too fast. What did he do? Nothing, because he is not a nerd like me. I helped him out, though, and gave him a bunch of ink recovery up and ink saver main. now he is much better off.
  3. See tip No. 2.
  4. See tip No. 3.
Just follow those tips, and you will be much better off.
Stay Fresh!

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Alright. Serious Tip time. WHEN ATTEMPTING TO USE A NEW WEAPON:
  1. Make sure it is not a nozzlenose (b/c they nerfed it into the unplayable zone)
  2. FIND. THE. WEAKNESS. Whatever is difficult or makes you vulnerable, take that and use it. Find out what abilities are good for it. EXAMPLE: If yo are considering the Sploosh-o-matic, find the weakness. Obviously, the main weakness is that it has not even half the range of the Splattershot Jr. (Splattershot Jr. has 2nd worst range in game, worst are the sploosh-o-matics). You will find out that it is a very suicidal, yet effective, weapon. Knowing that you will die a lot, you would probably choose 1. special saver, 2. quick respawn, 3. quick super jump, or 4. one of the speed-ups. EXAMPLE 2: My brother was trying to use the slosher, but he noticed that he ran out of ink too fast. What did he do? Nothing, because he is not a nerd like me. I helped him out, though, and gave him a bunch of ink recovery up and ink saver main. now he is much better off.
  3. See tip No. 2.
  4. See tip No. 3.
Just follow those tips, and you will be much better off.
Stay Fresh!
How exactly did they nerf the Nozzlenose? I seem to remember it only getting buffs in the patches when they touch it at all. And I play it quite fine, thank you.

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
the disruptor is funny. quite a few people (especially people new to the game) have a tendency to freak out when they get hit by the disruptor. a lot of them try running away even tho they obviously can't. so that's the time to hit them.

when i use the tri-slosher, i personally play offensively. it has a wider range for kills than the regular slosher, which is better for me, personally, as it makes it somewhat easier to aim, i guess?? so you can throw ink in the general direction of the opponent and it will probably hit them, assuming youre kinda close to them?? also bubbler makes a quick getaway.

i run ink saver main bc it consumes ink reasonably fast. sometimes i use bomb range,. and quick respawn. tho if you dont use the disruptors a lot, obviously don't use bomb range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom