#Triggered For Camp Triggerfish

※Zachary

Semi-Pro Squid
Ya know, this all started as an inside joke with my competitive team, but now, I bring it to the forums.
#TriggeredForCampTriggerfish

Camp Triggerfish is by far one of the most fun maps in Splatoon. However, with almost every map coming to Splatoon 2 announced but no Camp Triggerfish, I wonder if it will ever be implemented into Splatoon 2. Share your thoughts below if Nintendo should add Camp Triggerfish to Splatoon 2.

Stay Fresh!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Almost every map is coming to S2? Only 6 so far.

I hate Triggerfish, and they'd have to make some real changes to it, or else I'll avoid playing the game if it's in rotation, just like I did to it in Splatoon 1. By which I mean that they have to do away with what makes Triggerfish Triggerfish in the first place. It's essentially a lap with two one-way doors, and that's simply terrible.

shudder

Senior Squid
At the rate maps are releasing I'm not sure how many more returning maps we'll get. Arowana is in Jan or Feb? Splatoon 2 released in July so that would give us like 5 more months of updates of new content if there is a year of updates.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@MINKUKEL
I understand have a problem with splatzones it was absolutely one sided most times, but rainmaker as long as everyone didn't die in the first push was usually pretty balanced and tower control was pretty enjoyable for the most part from my memory

If you were saying saltspray rig, or even prihanna pit or arrowana I would understand but camp TRIGGERED-fish tbh isn't all that bad...
Honestly though it will likely be ruined by inkrails like moray.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@MINKUKEL
I understand have a problem with splatzones it was absolutely one sided most times, but rainmaker as long as everyone didn't die in the first push was usually pretty balanced and tower control was pretty enjoyable for the most part from my memory

If you were saying saltspray rig, or even prihanna pit or arrowana I would understand but camp TRIGGERED-fish tbh isn't all that bad...
Honestly though it will likely be ruined by inkrails like moray.
I never play Rainmaker, and I didn't like Zones either on Triggerfish. I'm talking Turf War.

And don't worry, I hate Saltspray with the same passion as Triggerfish. Though with Triggerfish I at least can hope that they somehow make it better if they'd bring it back, but Saltspray I have no hope for.

And Moray is saved by those Inkrails. S1 Moray was one of the worst stages, but in S2 it's actually quite fun.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Oh, the hate... :D
I really wish they'll bring Camp #Triggered-fish back, it was one of my favorite stages in S1 even though I'm dreading what changes they'd add to the map layout should it make a return... but at this point I just want it back and hope for the best, really. With Moray having made its return early on and Arowana coming back (why Arowana x_x), it can't get any worse, right? Knock on wood, Libra.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
What's so bad about Arowana? I had fun on it. I'm honestly more disappointed Walleye's coming back, that map was so boring...
Ah yes, I bet you're not Charger main and haven't been maining it almost exclusively in S1 times, so here's a little input how the map played out for me. As a few friendos and people who happened to stumble upon posts where I mentioned this before know, I've always been a highly mobile sniper who prefers switching positions a lot or really just keeps moving around all the time (or in other words, how you're not supposed to play the weapon, haha....ha) , my playstyle heavily favored maps where this was an option for my weapon choice without being detrimental to my team due to this quirk - maps like Moray and Arowana didn't allow for this freedom. Even less so because there's always that one enemy charger in these rotations.

So instead of moving freely around the map, I was basically forced to stay on my perch (or in Arowana, one of the two perches) and shut down mid, or more often than not, have permanent sniper duels over the entire match. Giving up my position would render me useless on these maps, or otherwise put my team in a unfavorable position because they expect me to do exactly that - and I even I know that on these two maps, and arguably Bluefin, staying on the perches is the only reliable option. So while I wouldn't say I hate Arowana, it always felt a little more like a chore than a fun map to play on after months of gameplay. It still has its fun moments but most of the time, it was just that, a chore. One predictable, but most efficient key strategy. Or summarized in a three-letter word: Meh.

Walleye on the other hand, while being "boring" how you put it, is in fact only boring due to it being so extremly well balanced? I had a blast on Walleye each time it was in the rotation due to the vast variety of strategies I could apply and positions I could assume over the course of the match. Like Kelp and a few others, Walleye is a dream stage for people like me. It's boring in its design, but endless f00n in its gameplay. I shall never forget how lag caused me to die through the wall, oh E-Laggers, you were the meta kings. :D

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Given this game's meta of closer range weapons, I can't deny Triggerfish would sound a lot of fun right now. I loved triggerfish immensely in Splatoon 1, but there were plenty of matches where an e liter would perch up and make life hard on your team for the next three minutes. Sure that's Splatoon 1 in a nutshell, but it felt more apparent on Triggerfish. ;)

Just a small middle area with even smaller paths leading to it
I don't think I could ever characterize Walleye as a place with small areas. What I loved about it was that all the paths not only led into the middle in ways that allowed for sneaky approaches, but that you could be far away from any action inking the ground in turf war, something very few maps in Splatoon 2 can offer. My hope is that they make Walleye retain its focused, but expansive layout. Battles were very unpredictable, and in my opinion, never boring there.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
that you could be far away from any action inking the ground in turf war
Turf War on Walleye was completely out of whack. With every other map the results for TW usually always came down to each color staying on it's respective side of the stage with them clashing somewhere. Walleye on the other hand, by the end of a game each color was all over the place. It was a disaster.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Turf War on Walleye was completely out of whack. With every other map the results for TW usually always came down to each color staying on it's respective side of the stage with them clashing somewhere. Walleye on the other hand, by the end of a game each color was all over the place. It was a disaster.
I think we haven't been playing the same game then because this "out of whack" kind of ink distribution was across all maps for me, well, minus the ones I mentioned where it was basically my job to shut down mid so people don't get past the choke. Walleye being even more extreme in regards of sneaky approaches and possibilities to turn the tide was the exact reason why it was so fun to play on the stage. It meant in S1 terms that bringing a skilled Liter alone didn't decide the match unlike in some other stages, technically. :p

And I really don't think you should be bringing this argument in S2 times anymore... out of whack ink distributions are across pretty much all stages now, so Walleye wouldn't really change things on a larger scale, other than making a couple confused old S1 veterans happy. Think of the olde people, boi. ;д;

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Everyone's experience is different. Also, why is it required for me to like Walleye?
Yes, everyone's experience is vastly different. I was basically just pointing out that your argument is flawed based on what you just admitted. :p It ain't required for you to like Walleye, to each their own favorites. Discussing the pros and cons ain't inherently bad though. I keep hearing "the things you don't notice when you're not a charger main" a lot from a couple friends, so that's why I like hearing from the other side as well. That make sense?

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
It ain't required for you to like Walleye, to each their own favorites.
To be entirely honest, there wasn't a single map in Sploon 1 that I disliked. Sure, there were ones I liked more that others and some game modes that were annoying sometimes on certain maps (ex: Rainmaker on Blackbelly), but there weren't any maps I dreaded playing on. That said, I don't hate Walleye, it's a fine map. My problem with it is that it's just too basic, that can be a good thing, but I prefer the maps with really creative designs and mechanics. For instance the map that this whole thread is about: Triggerfish. I actually liked the split design of it as it encouraged you to try and invade the enemy's side more, plus it in my opinion had to be the prettiest map in the first game and I'd love to see it look even better in the second. It's fine if you guys like Walleye, but it's the very definition of "decent" for me.

※Zachary

Semi-Pro Squid
To be entirely honest, there wasn't a single map in Sploon 1 that I disliked.
I've never heard a statement about Splatoon that I have been able to relate to as much as this one. I love every map from Splatoon. They are all great, but.... there are many maps from Splatoon 2 I don't like. Such as Inkblot Art Academy (Unless it's splatfest, then it looks pretty cool.) I also can't stand the new Port Mackerel nor the Starfish Main-stage.

(ex: Rainmaker on Blackbelly)
I absolutely love Rainmaker on Blackbelly :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom