Trolling teammates, has it happened to you?

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Yesterday I got a guy on my team who at one point of the fight started to follow me, jumping and shooting me in the face. I first I thought there was something behind me but no, as I turned I could check that there was nothing. He was just trying to block my shots and annoy me. I thought that maybe I had taken his sniping spot (he was using the Elitre) and was telling me to leave, but I was there first, in fact he squid jumped to me. What´s more, in the previous match he was on the other team and spent the whole match in a different sniping spot, which helped me kill him a bunch of times. Maybe he was just raging?

Anyway, as he was facing me he didn´t see the enemies coming from behind, so I used him as a meat shield to cover shots while I dealt with the incoming enemies. We repeated this several times during the match He got me killed once, but in the end he ended unwillingly helping me more than bugging me. Overall, it was pretty funny, even though we lost the match (can´t remember properly but I don´t think we could´ve won 3VS4.5).

Next match the guy wasn´t around, don´t know if he was sent to another lobby or just left in rage.

Has something like this ever happened to you?

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
i got followed all the way round the skatepark by someone the other day dunno why/what they were doing just followed me about in squid form. Didn't get in my way or anything just felt a bit odd

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
there was some guy named Matthew who was just inking the walls and started swimming on it while spamming c'mon

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Everygame has it. In Counter-Strike, there were always played jumping on your head etc.

You did get me thinking about different ways to troll though, I've only just started playing.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Hey I do that too. I'll follow a teammate, being his shadow and when someone confronts him, I'll aid him in shooting them down. Not so much trolling as acting asa guardian, but still, I do nothing unless he's being shot at.

Friendly Face-Off

Full Squid
NNID
taikolover-desu
Closest I've had so far is a guy who just stood in the middle of the playing area doing absolutely NOTHING. He may have moved a little to keep from getting disconnected...but he and I being on the same team made us lose.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
Ive never had trolls/griefers..but people who are afk or just really bad.. ie, shooting walls repeatedly that are already covered in ink(my assumption is that person was a child, considerintg their slow look movement..they didnt leave our base) i mean i cant complain if they were a kid as this game is technically "for kids"

EvilMario

Inkling
NNID
EvilMario
I've had people in Splat go way far off, like the bottom of Splat Rig and just paint that area, ignoring everything else.

Even in B rank I've had a player just stand in spawn and face the floor, occasionally squirting ink.. the.. entire.. match..

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
to sum up my closest thing to this, i'll quote him.
"BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!"

as said by an inkling who stayed at the spawn the entire match.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Speaking of inklings staying at spawn, I remember one opponent who vanished off the face of the map, leaving the team shorthanded.
He then somehow returned in time for the very next match, only to do the exact same thing. On my team this time.

I don't even know how he accomplished that.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I love how they did nothing and then in the end they won. Dear Lord. I'd still be mad if this happened to me..
Small confession, I'm one of the three in the video.

There was a discussion that only the last minute of the match really mattered in turf war and that was our way to test it lol. I AM SO SORRY TO WHOEVER GOT STUCK WITH US but at least we still won?

NNID
Kaina-Dani
"BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!BOOYAH!"

Oh gosh...one of THOSE...

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)

I had an idiot who spammed "C'mon!" even though we were winning the match. I don't think he stayed at the spawn tho

Indy Wolfy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CheveyoWolf
I love squidbagging my enemies when they do or just spam Booyah when I die, but i think the best trolling method that has happen to me and vice-versa is squidbagging alongside your teammates as they are trying to play the game, for me i cant stop laughing since its a huge distraction, but I'm not sure how others feel

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I had an idiot who spammed "C'mon!" even though we were winning the match. I don't think he stayed at the spawn tho
One thing to note is that is that the d-pad up message varies across regions - in the UK, we have "To me!", so someone could be spamming that, trying to get you to super jump to them, but it will register with you as '"C'mon!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom