Turf War or Splat Zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Since Splat Zones have been released, which mode do you prefer / which have you found yourself playing the most? Now that there's a ranked mode, will you even bother with turf wars anymore? Or are you a die-hard turf covering fan? Somewhere in between? I like splat zones, and Ive been playing plenty of those, but I think my favorite mode will continue to be Turf War. Both are definitely fun in their own unique way, though.

Linkfreak404

Full Squid
NNID
linkfreak404
Turf War. I hate Splat Zone because the penalties take too long to count down. The fact that you are matched up with random people who are most likely not good at the game is really annoying because they can end up making you lose the game and get absolutely nothing, which would be a waste of time. Turf War at least doesn't require much skill to play because all you are doing most of the time is shooting randomly on the ground rather than focusing on one specific area.

Sak

Inkling
NNID
Sakelig
turf war require more skill, while splat zone dont.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Turf War. Splat Zone was all well and good until I found out how janky the overtime mechanics were.

Space Cadet

Inkling
I'm personally leaning towards Turf War. While Splat Zones are a lot of fun, I really don't like how you can lose points due to other members of your team being relatively inexperienced. I had a series of incredibly unlucky pairings yesterday, causing my score to stagnate. I do imagine, however, that this becomes less of an issue the higher your score goes. I'm also not ruling out the possibility that I'm just not good at the mode.

I do find that Splat Zones can be the more satisfying of the two when going on a kill streak, saving your team from defeat. I have yet to experience the same feeling in Turf Wars.

That said, both modes are fantastic, and being able to alternate between them really keeps the game from feeling stale.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Turf War. Also, this thread already exists. :( [link]

Marshy

Inkling
I prefer turf wars.. But i find that both modes are good. However, its annoying that 90% of the time I'm in a game with 7 Chinese/japanese players.. Not in a racist way at all, but it would be nice to play with people from my region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom