Two-Word Tips

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
Have you considered that those beacons aren't just accidental? Even I've managed to accidentally open a game by placing a beacon on spawn.
No but Iv seen people purposely put them a few feet from the base before.
Iv never used the beacons.

Lovebird

Inkster Jr.
NNID
shibakisses
Be trusting.

that means don't trail behind your teammates and try to protect them all the time. it's not very useful most of the time and if someone pops a special that could mean 2 of your team dead instead of just one. if you clump up too much, especially in the beginning of the game, you really don't get that much ground covered and a squid could easily stealth past where you are to capture further up your spawn.

specifically for beakons,

Be polite.

this is a bit of a strange rule but i play krak-on and i'm usually the beakon placer on our team whether i'm the only krak-on or not. what i mean by this is:
  • as was said earlier, place beakons. they are really important. many krak-ons just don't use beakons at all and that is such a waste.
  • if you are using a beakon and also have beakon sub, replace any beakons you use, especially if they're in a good spot. it took me forever to get that beakon on the moving platform in saltspray rig.
  • if you're using a beakon, and you don't have a beakon sub or plan to replace it, please don't use one where are other squids right next to it unless there's a significant tactical advantage (i.e. you're a sniper using a beakon to get to a spot on a very high platform quickly), you might really need it later and won't have it available.
  • if you see an enemy beakon, destroy it. i don;t know how many times i've seen people just ignore enemy beakons and that is such a stupid move.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Don't stop

Basically if you cover an area in ink, don't just sit there waiting for the other team, go try to claim more turf. Follow this rule unless there is only 30 seconds or less.

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
Push back

if you wanna win ranked battles I think it's important to push back the opposing team so they come nowhere near the splat zone(s)

kinetik07

Senior Squid
Look everywhere

at all times. Look at your map, look for beacons, look at what special your teammate just got, look at the small ripples and grooves in enemy ink, look at the team status bar, look at your ink tank and the light on top of your ink tank, look how wide your reticle becomes when you jump, look at the reticle move when you charge a charger, look at your enemy's hair on fire, look at what your enemy is wearing, look at your teammate's opening habits and counter it when they're your enemy.

AlpacaJesus837

Full Squid
NNID
alpacajesus
Attack First

Don't let the enemy get the early advantage. By covering as much ink as you can in your enemy's territory in the beginning, the more likely you will be able to stall them and hinder them from making an attack on your turf.

Power

Inkling Commander
Sneak Around
-Unless of course that means leaving the splat zone wide open. Just don't let yourself get camped in for 1/2 the battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom