• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

U.S. Inkling Open Discussion

Robochao

Full Squid
NNID
Robochao
I didn't want to put this in the event listing because I'm not hosting, but I'm here more to ask questions and see who's interested!

The tweet for Nintendo's next endorsed event went out today:

Do we know who's hosting the event? Is it LUTI again?
On Twitch? Maybe live.nintendo.com?
Is Nintendo only endorsing? Do we know if there's sponsoring involved?
Is there any way we can get more endorsement on this?

I want Splatoon to grow and I think Nintendo hosting a second event means they have faith in the game. The community could take advantage of this as a competitive game and blow it uppppppppp.

(the tweet: )
(the battlefy: https://battlefy.com/splatoon)

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
This is exciting. Wish i had my team together.

There are a lot of signs that nintendo will be supporting the tournament scene a lot harder for splatoon 2. This is some nice supporting evidence.

Robochao

Full Squid
NNID
Robochao
There are, and I'm hoping their attention/support doesn't go unnoticed. Growing the game requires contributions from both their marketing and the community here and elsewhere! Big day for squidkind.

Did your team disband? D: Which was that?

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
There are, and I'm hoping their attention/support doesn't go unnoticed. Growing the game requires contributions from both their marketing and the community here and elsewhere! Big day for squidkind.

Did your team disband? D: Which was that?
I never got one together, lol. Still working on whipping my lazy friends into getting the game. Looks like we will make a debut with Splatoon 2. Otherwise ill just bite the bullet and join an online team.

The prize is still kinda weak, I went to E3 before, wasn't that great of an experience. Had to wait in line for like 3 hours to play 5 minutes of Battleborn... ha. I used to work for lvl99games which is why I could grab a free pass. Although it seems like a much better prize than what was offered in the Splatoon showdown series. Especially if you go by monetary value of a E3 ticket.

VisualKei

Inkling
NNID
VisualKei
I'm really interested give it a shot. I recently played Splatoon 2: Global Testfire, my skills were rusty but my reflexes weren't. X'D

WikiDreamer

Inkling
NNID
Wikid
Hoi! I'm new to the forums but I've been a launch day Splatoon player. My primary weapon is the Splash-o-Matic with Suction Bombs & Bomb Rush and I second the Berry Splattershot Pro (Same sub and special). I consider myself an Ink Tank, meaning I value high ink capacity and quick refills over defense and speed, but I do take care in keeping myself untraceable via Ninja Squid and Ninja Jump.

While the prize IS tempting, I'm more interested in connecting with U.S. Inklings and building a regular squad to practice and compete with. I'd like to say I can hold my own but I'm pretty amateur, so skill honing would be my main prerogative and what better way than this tournament coming up. You can look up my Splatnet profile via the NNID Wikid.

Robochao

Full Squid
NNID
Robochao
Welcome! Did you decide to join the forums because of the tournament announcement? :o

I've played from the start, too, and I joined the forums shortly after. I used to main Gal .92 before the nerf (rest in peace, Gal .92). Moved on to Berry Splattershot Pro, and now I'm trying out all weapons!

I can relate to that wanting to connect with more Inklings, and I'm considering making a group for that U.S. Open. There are some recruitment sections here that are actively looking for groups, if you're actively looking!

WikiDreamer

Inkling
NNID
Wikid
Welcome! Did you decide to join the forums because of the tournament announcement? :scared:

I've played from the start, too, and I joined the forums shortly after. I used to main Gal .92 before the nerf (rest in peace, Gal .92). Moved on to Berry Splattershot Pro, and now I'm trying out all weapons!

I can relate to that wanting to connect with more Inklings, and I'm considering making a group for that U.S. Open. There are some recruitment sections here that are actively looking for groups, if you're actively looking!
You weren't kidding about recruitment. Check this one out https://squidboards.com/threads/looking-to-join-a-team-for-the-u-s-inkling-open-tournament.29125/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom