Uhh... Where is Splat Zones?

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
Tower Control is now live, I've played about 10 matches already, it's really fast, but I'm not really enjoying it. I noticed Splat Zones isn't even available. Does anyone know if the game types will rotate such as the maps? Or is there a way to play Splat Zones as well? I really can't see myself playing this game if I can't play Splat Zones when I want... it's the only game type I really enjoy the competitive side of. Thank you in advance for any info!

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
I really hope that Tower Control is not up all week. Otherwise I am just going to wait till next week to play competitive. Not a fan of Tower Control so far.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I'm 24-4 in it so far, doing incredible, it's really fun, but I can't see myself playing this all the time.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
seems it'll be rotating with the maps. hopefully not daily, this new mode is exhausting

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
This mode is incredibly fun. Also, the decision to switch the modes and keep the same rank has shown me that Nintendo doesn't take Ranked that seriously. Rank itself is a fragile thing, and i'm learning to disregard it.

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
I hope that they add a separate lobby, and are just removing Splat Zones for a short time to get more people into Tower Control.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
Hopefully we'll be able to play splatzones all day once custom games are added in the august update.

Last edited:

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
If they don't have it separated, I'm gonna be sad. It'd be more understandable if they had dedicated servers.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Its a poor choice for those that play at certain timezones to be stuck with only one gamemode for ranked play. I hope this all gets figured out before I actually can play again. (no internet at my home)

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I predicted it was going to be rotating modes in this thread. Nintendo is afraid of modes going unplayed or people never being able to find people to play with in their preferred mode. Ranked and Regular are your only options the only way they'll change this is if Splatoon sells even more

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I will surely play both. Not allowing us a choice to play whatever we want it kind of stupid lol... but I'm sure it will be fix sooner than later.

Sunchine

Inkling
NNID
Sunchine
I almost want to say they do a pick system like from halo OR it could just be a 50/50 chance of getting splat zone/tower control when the map is locked in

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I almost want to say they do a pick system like from halo OR it could just be a 50/50 chance of getting splat zone/tower control when the map is locked in
Not a bad idea, that would mean Nintendo could keep the two game types on the same server as well... making it easier for them...

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I hope I get a choice which one to play and it's locked right now because they want people to get used to the changes to the maps in Tower Control as well as the mode itself.
There is enough people that bought the game to support two or even three ranked modes - especially when you are not locked into playing with people exactly your rank.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I hope I get a choice which one to play and it's locked right now because they want people to get used to the changes to the maps in Tower Control as well as the mode itself.
There is enough people that bought the game to support two or even three ranked modes - especially when you are not locked into playing with people exactly your rank.
Only time will tell, it'll probably be unlocked shortly, or maybe even for or during the time of Splat Fest 2 days from now.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Splatfest was just TurfWar in Japan

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I am going to be sooooo pissed if my team has to do the mode rotation in the August update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom