Urchin Underpass get romodel?

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Urchin is getting remodel ( Horrible title is Horrible)

( It's getting improve between Aug 3-5)

Any thought? Urchin underpass is one of the few map I like.

Nopro

Inkling
NNID
Noatendo
I presume so... It's gone through many remodels in the past, just look at the E3 2014 trailer and the treehouse gameplay. Urchin Underpass is personally my worst map, so I'm quite happy to be honest xD
My guess is that they'll probably just add some gates, like the ones on Camp Triggerfish, so that you can climb up into the enemy spawn in the middle area, as there's plastic protecting you from climbing up it.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
It's the stalest looking map in the game, other than maybe Port Mackerel, so I guess it could use a visual and possibly layout update. Hopefully it will include an extra set of side routes, which are killer in this map.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
Here's a map zoomed in

Trees will be removed, extended side alley.
middle path widened.

trees moved to the middle section.

from the actual picture it also looks as if they've added a small ramp to middle path. so it will be flat with a small ramp on the side.

the highway rails will no longer be L shaped and are now raised. the ramp near it will no longer go further in

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
After looking at it for a while, I kinda does D:
It has sniping points facing the middle of the map and alleyways in the center that lead into the enemy base. The changes make it even more exaggerated, I hope it's not a huge stalemate the whole time like 2fort.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
My opinion on this map as of now is neither here nor there. With these tweaks though it'll be interesting to see how the dynamic changes. I'm especially interested in how the trees being moved to the centre of the stage will affect splatzones and to a smaller extent tower control.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Thank god they're moving the trees. They were annoying near the base because they got in the way of ink being spread. This is especially important since it allows players to get to the Splat Zone / Tower much easier.

Squelchior

Inkling
NNID
dekudesu
What about if they're re-implementing the Gate mechanic from Camp Triggerfish, but more revolved around that concept? (eg. happens every minute)

Probably has an average chance of that being an actual change, but honestly, part of me thinks no significant changes will be made at all.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
I think the reaon for the redesign was that it's realatively easy to lock down the center of the map, the extended side alleys and wider central path seem to be adressing that

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I think this is a pretty interesting change they've got going here. I didn't think Urchin Underpass needed many changes, but i guess moving the trees to the middle would be interesting. They could become valuable sources of cover.

Even thought the alleyways make the map look pretty cramped, i wouldn't mind a cramped map, as it would contrast very well with the norm of wide, open spaced maps in the game.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I find it amusing that the map itself won't be playable for a couple of days before the remodelled version is available. Of course, this is utterly unnecessary - they don't need to take the current version offline for a few days before dropping the remodelled version - but I take it they're doing it this way since it makes sense from the game-world perspective that the underpass would be inaccessible while it was being changed. I like this approach.

superhiero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
eRonin
Uhh so why is Urchin Underpass in the map rotation for me right now? That just means I get the same single map in one rotation since Urchin isn't gonna get picked.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
Uhh so why is Urchin Underpass in the map rotation for me right now? That just means I get the same single map in one rotation since Urchin isn't gonna get picked.
It's out of the rotation between the 2nd and the 5th.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I find it amusing that the map itself won't be playable for a couple of days before the remodelled version is available. Of course, this is utterly unnecessary - they don't need to take the current version offline for a few days before dropping the remodelled version - but I take it they're doing it this way since it makes sense from the game-world perspective that the underpass would be inaccessible while it was being changed. I like this approach.
I thought this would extend to the Battle Dojo as well, but nope, it's still available. Is it weird that I'm actually sort of disappointed?

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Apparently, four other maps will receive changes, but to a lesser degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom